View Single Post
Old 04-30-2003, 12:07 PM   #68
Lyra Greenleaf
The Diaphanous Dryad

Lyra Greenleaf has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Lara gulped. There was nothing she wouldn't do for Laila, but to try to make one of the monsters angry? It was madness. Not trusting herself not to break down if she spoke, she silently stood, patted Georeliela's arm.
Oh, Ered! Why aren't you here to look after me? she thought desperately, then took a deep breath and walked towards the Orc by the cave entrance.

"Where-" she started quietly, then cleared her throat. "Where is my baby?" she asked, her voice stronger.
"Yer've been told- thats all there is to know," it said with a sneer, then pushed her away. Getting up from where she had fallen, Lara steeled herself to walk forwards again.
"I want my Laila" she said loudly.
"Sit down" the Orc snarled, still barely looking at her.
There's only one thing for it Lara thought. Drawing herself up she darted forwards, past the monster. It followed her and grabbed her arm, dragging her back to the cave. It flung her on the floor and kicked her. As it continued, Lara saw Georeliela sneak out.
I hope this works, she thought dimly
“Sylphs of the forest,” I whispered. “Spirits of oak, beech and ash. Dryads of Rowan and hazel, hear us. You who have guided and guarded our every footstep, you who have sheltered our growth, we honour you."
the Forbidden Link