View Single Post
Old 05-09-2003, 09:32 PM   #75
Sophia the Thunder Mistress
Scent of Simbelmynė

Sophia the Thunder Mistress has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Sophia the Thunder Mistress
Sting

Farien huddled close as Georelelia told of her trip to the children's cave. "They're alright?" she asked breathlessly tears streaming down her face. "All of them? My babies?" Georeleila nodded in response. They propped up a drooping Lara, drooping from both her beating and her tears. Farien's despair all but gone she looked at the other two women. "How will we get them out?"

Telmir watched Emilia's reunion with her mother. After the woman had gone he tried to comfort the girl as she sobbed. She bit her lip to keep the noise in as her little body shook. Telmir felt completely helpless. This wasn't how it was supposed to go. The soldiers were supposed to come. Mothers weren't supposed to leave them alone again. Iavas' little boy clung to his leg. He pried it loose and deposited it by Serra. His sister still hadn't woken... Telmir bent over closer.

Was it? Was it her eyelids moving? He shook her shoulder. Her eyes snapped open. "Telmir?" she sat up. Telmir heaved a huge sigh of relief. "Telmir, I have a headache..." she whimpered. He motioned to her to be quiet. She shut her mouth, the terror in her eyes making her obedient.

From outside the caves he heard raised orc voices, he heard women screaming and the word 'tark!'. His heartbeat quickened. He spun around and motioned to Emilia. "I'm going to try to get out." he whispered in her ear.

"No... don't..." she pleaded. But Telmir wasn't listening anymore. He was tired of sitting in caves waiting for the orcs to hurt him or his sisters, he was going to find his dad. Eregiath would know what to do.

Telmir ran toward the door. He hit something firm and... sticky. Telmir tried to pull back in disgust, but he was caught, staring into a cluster of multifaceted eyes.

Eregiath sat in the corner of the cave, where he'd been since the beginning of the torture. His body ached and he'd been in and out of consciousness. He suspected they'd gone harder on the men. He unrolled his body from the corner, looking around for Farien. He found her huddled with the other women. Going to her and whispering in her ear he said, "Farien, Herlion's gone..." She spun around, her eyes wild.

"Gone out of the cave? Or is he... dead?"
The seasons fall like silver swords, the years rush ever onward; and soon I sail, to leave this world, these lands where I have wander'd. O Elbereth! O Queen who dwells beyond the Western Seas, spare me yet a little time 'ere white ships come for me!