Thread: Hunted RPG
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2004, 09:58 AM   #34
Fool Of A Took
Haunting Spirit

Fool Of A Took has just left Hobbiton.
Cedric felt sad at the little party, at the same time happy. He was going to leave the Shire that he loved, and his mother that was so worried about him, he was going to miss her. Yet, it annoyed him sometimes that she was so worried. Everyone was happy and some of them sang. His mother seemed to be happy too as she sat and eating pumpkin pie. He smiled to her. She was all Cedric cared about now, he didn't want anything to happen to his mother as she was all he had in the world left. He drew a deep sigh and looked down on is feets and tried to hide his grieve of leaving her. He knew that she didn't like at the same time she did knew that he was grown up now. Not a little lad anymore. He tried to be brave and thought that he choosed his own path, and there was nothing she could do about it. He pulled himself together and took a sip of his tea. Suddenly the door slammed and he looked up. A hobbit he had never seen before entered. That must be Madoc, Gorbadics cousin. I've heard he wanted to join us too. He ran over to Madoc and bowed. "Welcome, you must be Madoc, I am Cedric Cotton! A pleasure to meet you!" He looked up with a smile. "Tea?" Cedric asked and held up a cup for Madoc.

As Madoc came Cedric felt more talkative and much more happier and excited about the journey. He had always had a strange and a worried feeling about it, but it seemed to have fade away as Madoc came. At the moment Cedric felt so much happiness, his mother looked up at him from her pie eating and had a worried look. Cedric did everything to avoid it but he couldn't. Her gaze was as sharp as spears. He said a quick 'Excuse me for a minute' to Madoc and went over to his mothers seat and sat down beside her. "You know I am going to leave, mother! So don't have that look to me!" he whispered in here with annoyment in his voice. Her eyes got dark and her face turned angry. Cedric could see that his mother was angry from the distance of a mile. He had always, even when he was a little lad. "Now you listen to me, young lad!" she said, but tried to whisper. "You are the only one I have left! And you have no idea of how much I care about you!" she said an her eyes got filled with tears, though she didn't cry. "I am sorry mother." Cedric said and hugged her. "But don't worry, I will make it home, I will be back." he said. At least I hope I do , he thought and sighed.

He went back to Madoc and pulled a chair to him. "Here, have a seat" he said and smiled. Cedric sat down in a chair at Madocs left side and put two cups at the table. He held up tea in the two cups and leaned back in the chair and sipped on the tea. "So, Madoc, it will be nice to have you with us!" he said with a smile. "You don't fear the orcs and wargs out there? Have you ever seen any?" he then asked and got curious about Madoc, he had always been curious about everyone. Especially if they had faced dangers and been on adventures. Himself had never been out of the Shire and didn't know anything about fear or danger.