View Single Post
Old 02-15-2003, 01:59 AM   #30
Airerūthiel
Wight

Airerūthiel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I have to say that my favourite character I played was Maikadurion from 'A Ride to the Dark Side', because he was my first truly successful attempt at getting out of my own character (which somehow always ends up being reflected in my main characters) and into someone else's. He was based largely on my best friend, and really helped me get inside the head of a character in my latest novel that I'm writing a little like him.

I also really love my latest character, Torfithien, who appears in 'To Rescue Celebrian', because she's kind of like a combination of what I am and what I would like to be. I think she'll be hard to write because of those differences, but I'm sure I'm going to enjoy RPGing in her guise.

As for other people's characters, I have to say that I particularly liked Deorlin, Izrenna and Aelfritha (Ride to the Dark Side), as well as Elentari, Lorin and Hreeza (Cirith Ungol), because they were such strong and realistic characters that were well-written and seemed to grow as the story progressed. Well done to you all and everyone who I have had the honour of gaming with! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]