View Single Post
Old 11-13-2005, 10:09 AM   #526
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemanpoet
It's not your reasoning that's the problem, Fea. It's more or less an emotional thing for me, so it's just my problem. Do what you think best for the story.
If by best for the story, you mean most able to eke out emotional responsiveness, then her death would be fantastic, as proven by you (and me... I'll admit it...). But if it does bother you that much, then there isn't a chance in The Void that I'm going to do it. I'm equally likely, you remember, to have her get better, or, slightly less optimistic, to have her survive, heal, but be unable to ride or something equally sad because of the long term affects of the wound. I'll admit to it being easier to contemplate the death of a character when it doesn't strike so close to home. My brushes with death have certainly not been fun (understatement of the century), but I haven't had to contemplate the loss of a child. Perhaps that's... I'm not sure if I want to do it any more. I don't think I could do the emotion justice for Inzillomi...