View Single Post
Old 04-27-2009, 06:07 PM   #520
Lariren Shadow
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Lariren Shadow is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via AIM to Lariren Shadow Send a message via MSN to Lariren Shadow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanor of the Peredhil View Post
Try telling that to one of my companions, who likes clusters of dead people not even a little.
Cemeteries are bad. I don't like then. Never have. I'm that person. I never played in them as a child nor do I intend to ever in my life. I have weird things about me and my not liking of cemeteries is one of them.

But yes: we hiked up Rivendell also known as Watkins Glen. It was fun, the Were-duckling was fussy at times, but still amazingly cute. Mac scared a bunch of us by going close to the edge of the gorge while carrying the Were-duckling, while I wanted to jump off the side and into the water. I was told no.

After getting to what was assumingly the top, considering most of the other trails were closed, we decided to hike back down and go to lunch at the upper parking lot place. After climbing in the car again and going up, which was fun because Nienna's car doesn't like hills at all. There was a slight fail when Mira and I were looking for the bathroom, and I missed it but it was fine.

Lunch was fun and there was good food and company. Fea and I walked away to throw away the trash and while I saw, from far away, Mac doing the awkward penguin, Fea did not and is forever angry at this fact. We then went back to hiking, which involved going down stairs that, when we came up, would be called Cirith Ungol, across a bridge, which we were sad that Mac was ok crossing because sometimes he's not ok with crossing bridges and we kind of wanted to see it.

Then we were back at the cross roads. Neither Mira, Nienna, Rikae, Mac, the Were-duckling, nor I could decide on a way to go. So Fea choose left, up the hill. To Mordor. Which we then remember was, in fact, left from Rivendell. While climbing we recited a bunch of fun lines, such as remembering strawberries and ribbons in Rosie Cotton's hair, and complained about how our calves were hurting and it was all Fea's fault because she picked the steeper one (she totally did, even though she won't admit it). As we are climbing we stop at a shack. It was named the shrieking shack by use. Further up the path we saw a hanging flower pot with fake flowers. Odd, but we kept going, with our legs hurting and sweating because it also was not as cool up there as the gorge had been. Next we stumbled upon what looked like a shrine to the Virgin Mary. To which we assumed that Fea brought us to some weird religious place. It sort of was as it was a cemetery. Not cool. I stopped. I'll admit it. I don't like them. Not at all. Fea did then kindly run ahead of us so to see if it was worth dragging me past it (thanks by the way). It was not.

Back down from Mordor we went, trying not to trip and die on the way. It was then decided to go right. While doing this we discussed where we would like to live in Middle-earth. A little ways down the path we stumble upon THE REST OF THE CEMETERY. Again I stopped and we just decided, as it was hot and we felt scummy, that this would not do and it was time for ice cream.

Back to the bridge, over the bridge, up the path that lead to Cirith Ungol. Those stairs were nice coming down but going up they were horrible. By this point the Were-duckling was asleep. Into the cars we marched and down the hill to ice cream. It was good.

Everything was fun about the day, it was good to meet Live-Mac as opposed to Skype-Mac. Also want to try a mint and peach drink. It sounds good. Hopefully one day we will come up with the recipe.

Last edited by Lariren Shadow; 04-27-2009 at 06:15 PM. Reason: Dear Lari - learn to spell. Love, Mira
Lariren Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote