Thread: Password
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2017, 02:19 PM   #2670
Pervinca Took
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Pervinca Took is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
Well... I don't know what to say. I guess we must put it down to the human tendency to see patterns in things.
You did extremely well! And you guessed it really early - and all the clues. You were just being a lot more clever than I was.

To prove this further, I was not thinking of Orome on horseback. I know he's the huntsman of the Valar, but I didn't think of a Vala needing a horse - but I googled him after what you said, and there he was, astride a white horse.

------------------------------------------------
4. Could 4 be GRIMA - Saruman's bane - 'troubled' mirage minus the note E?

1. As cats are small carnivores, I wondered about BERUTHIEL for 1 - and her name does include 'Lithe' disordered. I don't know the name of the distant farmer, though. Eru is distant and very ancient, but is Eru as a metaphorical farmer pushing it? I wondered if the rest of the letters might come from a god connected with farming from Greek mythology, or something. But I don't know of one who fits the remaining letters.

6. YRCH - take voca (Latin imperative for 'call') from Cry Havoc - and orcs/yrch would be a chaotic horde. (Although it puts the kibosh on my idea of Bauglir for the password!)

7. CANNOT be SHELOB, can it - SHEOL (Old Testament underworld) plus B as in 'plan B = 2nd option?'

Last edited by Pervinca Took; 06-10-2017 at 04:13 PM.
Pervinca Took is offline   Reply With Quote