Thread: The Summons RPG
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2003, 04:46 PM   #62
Nerindel
Spirited Weaver of Fates

Nerindel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Nerindel Send a message via MSN to Nerindel Send a message via Yahoo to Nerindel
Sting

When Dūrvagor had alerted the group that the horses had gone, he immediatly looked up suprised, Tėlpetal was not easily spooked. He got up and walked over to were the horses had been teathered, he crouched down to the ground examining the many jumbled hoof prints. As he found what he was looking for he heard Aravir come up behind him. "What is it? Friend" he asked.

Sorlas lifted the three black shafted arrows he had just found, up so Aravir could see them, "Oh! no" he sighed heavily, thinking that not only were the horses missing they were injured too. Sorlas shook his head and turn the shafts around. Aravir's eye's widened with suprise "there's no tips!" he exclaimed taking the arrows from Sorlas's hand and examining them himself. "And no blood" Sorlas added as Aravir smelt the shaft for signs of horse blood.

"So they never intended to kill the horses, I don't understand" Aravir said looking again at the arrows he held, a puzzeled expression crossed his face.

"When I first saw the orc archers in the trees I thought their target was us, I was wrong they meant all along to spook the horses the battle was a diversion, they want us on foot for some reason." Sorlas told him "You think they have word of our journey!" Aravir concluded, Sorlas nodded grimly.

Then looking at the tracks again he suddenly burst into a smile "Look! Look!" he cried to Aravir. The older ranger got down on the ground to see what had excited Sorlas but all he could see was hoof prints, but as they moved forwards following the track's it became quite clear that two horses had took lead of the others, Aravir turned his head eyeing his younger friend "Your horse?" Sorlas was grinning from ear to ear "Yes and one other, he will lead them home" "And where is home?" Aravir asked cocking an eyebrow. North he said pointing out the trail, we've been at Grod's camp for five months, so he'll head for there!"

The two men then got up and wiped the dust from their clothes, "We should tell Islist what we have discovered" Sorlas said, he picked up the arrows he'd found and walk confidently over to the others to tell them what they had learnt.