View Single Post
Old 03-10-2003, 01:47 PM   #3
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Amanaduial the archer has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Amanaduial the archer
Eye

Arthain welcomed his friend eagerly, running up to him. But such a greeting was in order; it had been too long since they had last seen each other, years had passed and Arthain knew he must have changed alot in the elfs eyes. But the elf still had some tricks up his sleeve, and his beautiful voice, as clear and pure as a mountain stream, shocked Arthain into stopping.

"Mellon, why have you never sung with me before? Your voice has such purity!"

Melost grinned mischieviously at Arthain as he replied. "One must never reveal all one's gifts. How ordinary I would appear in your eyes if I couldn't amaze you now and again."

Arthain mock bowed slightly. "Ah great words from the wise Melost!"

His friend raised an eyebrow slightly, still smiling, and stretched his legs. "Ai! I am used to travelling afoot! Light-footed though she is, my Estel has tried my muscles this day! But Arthain! Behold Menelmacar as he strides among the stars."

Arthain humoured his friend, looking up at the sky with him, but he had never been able to see such beauty in the things that Melost rendered so wonderful. He knew how much it meant to his elven friend to find beauty in little things though, so he didnt interrupt, but sat down at the fire again and waited.

After a moment the elf turned back and sat down with him. "You would rather sit by the fire than survey the beauty of such a night?"

Arthain shrugged. "I suppose my personality hasnt changed much, friend. Like your looks." He flicked his eyes up and down the elfs still youthful body, and his unlined face, still like that of a twenty year old. The elf was centuries older than him, but he felt ancient beside him. Melost shrugged. "You havent aged much either, Arthain."

"You are a silver tongued liar, Melost!" Arthain shoved him playfully. "Nay, many years have passed since last we met. Too long."

"Aye, too long. And many things have no doubt happened for both of us in the time since."

"Indeed. Come, tell me Melost, what has been happening to you these long years?"

[ June 14, 2003: Message edited by: Amanaduial the archer ]