View Single Post
Old 01-22-2009, 03:12 PM   #78
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beregond View Post
Thanks, I didn't know we were subject to newbie protection!
I know I'm throwing out things that may or may not hold any weight, but on day one, what else do we have to go on?
Adding the two up reads basically "do your best". Many will be scared the living daylights out of them because of a possible ill-adviced voting on Day1 but you can actually rest assured you're not lynched because of trying to actually do something...

Into the bussiness then.

About Frodo. I think that Frodo should actually do the decent thing and reveal himself if he felt he was in danger of being killed by Night. That way we could lynch him and prevent the birth of a fourth ringwraith. When Frodo is in danger great enough to reveal should surely rest on the ringbearer him(her)self; we others should not push him but should point that out.

Looking at the Frodo-issue from this angle as I am I'm quite baffled about this post by Agan I ran into:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir
The thing is, I'm not sure if Mr. Baggins wants to do that * . If I was him I'd certainly try to get myself killed and become a wolf
*"to do that" = trying to stay hidden from the wraiths (suggested tactics for Frodo by Legate)

Now are you calling for the ringwraiths whom you actually want to join Aganzir?

About Ferny. I suggest we cut off the speculation about that old scrooge for Day1. Let's not help him. The less we speculate about him, the more he has to do himself.

The same goes with Dury's ranger impersonation. Let the wolves chew it for the time being. We should bother ourselves with it only later if it looks like it.

About the banter. Banter is always fun and belongs to the game. But surely people could also add some actual stuff (or was it called "suttf" in this one?) to their banter. Just joking is playing it safe which means either trying to look like an active poster but hiding your fangs or then being a cowardish villager who only thinks for her/himself. Both kind of persons should be gotten rid of sooner rather than later as both will be harmful to us - especially late in the game.

*Free weed to everyone! Except the tanner of course... You will profit due to these crises anyway, don't you? *

Bah, there went my dream of two posts on Day1 but I really can't vote yet. I'll be back a little later with a vote. (I'm not waking up that early to vote on the only day this week I can sleep up to 9AM)

EDIT: X'd with a host of posts...
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote