View Single Post
Old 11-19-2002, 10:26 PM   #3
Melichus
Haunting Spirit

Melichus has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Quote:
Game Founders have the discretion to make their RPGs invitation only. If an RPG is open and/or searching for Members, it is up to the applicant to post at The Seventh Star, and so communicate to the Innkeeper and Game Founder their desire to join. At this point, a decision will be made by the Game Founder, with assistance from the Innkeeper if requested or necessary.
(Well, I read this was supposed to be in character, so...)

As he slowly trudged up to the inn's looming entryway, Eledrim paused. Peering up slowly at the heavyset door, he resolutely raised his fist to knock but now stepped back, a bemused frown on his face, as it swung open. The inn-keeper, peering around the door's edge, silently appraised the new stranger, noting the worn, brown cloak, the mud-spattered boots, the calm eyes staring back at him from under a heavy hood.
"Well met," the man muttered. And then, unexpectedly, he flashed a smile from under the hood.
"Name is Eledrim, if ye want to know. I seek only food and a bed for the night, my good sir. Ah, yes, I fear I'm not as spry as I used to be, but...well, I get along well enough in my travels if I just rest these old feet now and then.
"I haven't had company in a long time, sir... Perhaps--if t'isn't too much to ask, that is, I could just sit by that fire and listen to some of the ol' tales being told. Rest up for a bit, you know, maybe tell a tale or two of my own. Hah, goodness knows I have a lot of them!
"So, begging your pardon, sir, mightn't I stop here for the night? If No's the word, I'll understand."

[ November 19, 2002: Message edited by: Melichus ]
"The other [theme] had now achieved a unity of its own; but it was loud, and vain, and endlessly repeated; and it had little harmony...and it essayed to drown the other music by the violence of its voice, but it seemed that its most triumphant notes were taken by the other and woven into its own solemn pattern..."