View Single Post
Old 09-14-2006, 02:29 PM   #183
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Hadith

Hadith sensed that Adnan was about to leave. From the corner of his eye he saw his movement.

“I thank you for your words of my father... I never got to know him. I remember just bits and pieces from my early childhood. But I believe you are right about him.” Hadith raised his eyes to meet Adnan’s. His eyes were gleaming faintly from the tears he had wept and from those which tried to force their way out from inside him. He bit his lip and then sighed somewhat resignedly: “But you are clearly misinformed about me. I’m not a wise man... I’m just a guy who’s lost and doesn’t know what to do, trying his best, which might not be enough.”

Suddenly Hadith was overwhelmed with sympathy towards Adnan, the lad he had scorned up to the very last minutes. He actually realised, that they were both just young boys searching for what they were and trying to cope with a totally different world that had been thrown to them; baffled, insecure, afraid. This freedom... it’s been lot more troublesome I ever imagined.

“Please Adnan, if you have nothing more urgent to do, sit by me for a while.” Hadith said, attempting a casual tone. No one would have said he managed it. Before Adnan said anything, Hadith continued: “We’re both loners, aren’t we? Lost in this free world. I have Khala and Cuáran, in away. They have looked after me every now and then since my father died. They were friends of my mother...” With that his voice broke and he started to weep quietly again. The memory of her mother and her death came vividly to his mind.

Hadith tried to recollect himself but it wasn’t easy. In the end he managed to half whisper his words to Adnan who hadn’t dared to move anywhere while Hadith had been crying. “Do you have anyone?”