View Single Post
Old 04-29-2018, 11:14 AM   #23
Findegil
King's Writer

Findegil is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
My assumption that Galadriel and Celeborn could be Lord and Lady of Eregion for a time is based on the entrance for 'Celebrimbor' (page 42):
Quote:
S. name of a famous craftsman, the Lord of the Elves of Eregion; he was the ruler of the Elvish realm at the time of the forging of the Rings: se App. B, III p. 364 ...
Why specify any time in which he was the ruler, if there had not been any others?

And I think Galin was refering to the follwoing sentence in the entrance about 'yrch' (page 53):
Quote:
This[ the fact that the Silvian Elves spoke Sindarin] is explained by the fact that when Beleriand was ruined, and most of it was destroyed in the last war ending in the overthrow of Angband, many of the Noldor and Sindar went eastward into Eriador and beyond. (Galadriel and Celeborn were the chief examples; but originally the settlement at Eregion under Celebrimbor was also very important.) ...
Which sound rather like Celebrimbor founding the realm of Eregion.

Asked by gondowe:
Quote:
The WPaP text is not earlier than the UT texts?
to answer that question I have to read the prefarce again.

Your approach is interesting. Specially the insertion in the last chapter in Of the passing of the Elves. I did in my draft tell part of the story in retrosepct at the beginning of story from UT where Galadriel and Celeborn became Lord and Lady of Eriador.
Also the idea of telling of Galadriel earlier visit when she first make contact in the second age is very atractive.

Respectfuly
Findegil
Findegil is offline   Reply With Quote