View Single Post
Old 10-17-2003, 01:44 PM   #283
Elsilda
Pile O'Bones

Elsilda has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

The sun was out, bright and warm, but Elsilda was still wet and cold. She had been riding all day, Melde was tired and had been limping for the past two hours. He was a strong horse with a beautiful brown coat and deep brown eyes. He could travel long distances, but Elsilda was pushing it and she knew it. “Oh Melde, its not far, the hobbit said that the Inn should be half an hour a way” she said in a soft voice, stroking her horses silky mane. Elsida saw something in the distance, she squinted her eyes “there it is! We made it Melde!” Elsilda exclaimed.

Elsilda rode for a while and finally reached the Inn, she sighed with relief. “Oh Melde, you are such a great companion!” she said to her loyal steed. She climed off Melde and then patted her “just wait here, while I find someone who can take you to a stable, you can then have water and hay” she said.

Elsilda looked around and found the stables. She walked into the stable and there was an elf brushing a horse he was a friendly looking elf, very muscular and about medium height, he look trustworthy. He stood up and smiled “Greetings! Can I help you?” he asked while walking up to her.
“Greetings kind sir, who is in charge of the stables?” Elsilda asked.
“Why I am, what can I do for you?” he said grinning.
“My horse needs a resting place, some food and hay” Elsilda explained “let me take you to my horse!” She was curious and wanted to know more about this elf. “My name is Elsilda! May I ask what your name is?” she said.
“My name is Derufin! Where are you from and where are you going“ Derufin asked, and smiled again.
“Oh, I am from Imladris and I am heading towards the Grey Havens” she said “I love going on journeys and meeting people on the way! I just wish I had a companion to travel with though.” Elsilda said with a heavy sigh “and you are from?”
He was silent for a moment “I am from Ethring in the Ringlo Vale” he exclaimed, admiring Elsildas blue eyes. They both took Melde to the stables and gave her water an hay. “Elsilda it was lovely meeting you and I am sure we will meet again sometime soon. You should go inside and get dry and eat something!” Derufin said.
“Thank you so much for all the help, I really appreciate it” she exclaimed. She walked outside, the sun was still shining bright but there was a cold breeze.

Elsilda entered the Green Dragon Inn. It was warm and lovely inside and had a peaceful, calm environment. She looked around and everyone was smiling or talking, Elsilda loved these happy places. She walked over to the bar and took a seat. It was soft and comfortable, something she hadn’t experienced in a while. She loved journeys but didn’t like riding for days and not having company. Sitting at the bar was a beautiful slim, brown haired young woman. The young woman glanced over at Elsilda and smiled, Elsilda liked the look of this woman and wanted to befriend her but before Elsilda knew it the young woman was walking over to her.

[ October 17, 2003: Message edited by: Elsilda ]

[ October 17, 2003: Message edited by: Elsilda ]