View Single Post
Old 06-03-2003, 01:46 PM   #126
kittiewhirl1677
Shade of Carn Dûm

kittiewhirl1677 has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to kittiewhirl1677
Sting

Lanbriel had finished with the few slaves who had requested her bandages, and now looked on as the other slaves recieved their spears. She gratefully accepted hers, thinking of what a great honor it was to lay hold on such a powerful weapon.

She had, as a child, been taught a very small amount on using such weapons. She had loved this training, and now missed this excersise greatly. Her skills now diminished to something near zero, she clumsily spun the spear in her hands, getting bruised on shoulder or knee every so often. As the minutes passed, her hands began to remember her training, and some skill slowly began to stableize itself.

Pausing a moment, she walked to a nearby tree and tried piercing it with her eyes...imagining a hunter in its stead. She then took the spear and tried to stab the hunter. This excersise was a good target practice, but it achieved little since the tree could not move and react to her blows. She also stopped when she realized how stupid she must have looked, standing there, screaming and hitting a tree with her spear.
Luckily, none of the slaves noticed her.

Then, she remembered something she forgot to do. Spear gripped tightly in both hands, she walked over to Rhunnaro.

"Sir, I apologize for delaying you the knowledge of my decision... I needed much time to find the right choice, because if I didn't, I could have been dead very soon..."

The man looked at her, waiting expectantly for her to reveal the nature of her choice.

"I have decided to come with you."

She then curtly bowed and walked off. She made her way to a small, treeless area and resumed her spear excersises.

[ June 03, 2003: Message edited by: kittiewhirl1677 ]

[ June 03, 2003: Message edited by: kittiewhirl1677 ]