View Single Post
Old 01-15-2005, 04:49 PM   #326
Esgallhugwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Esgallhugwen has just left Hobbiton.
White Tree

"I cannot stay"

"Of course not dear, he is a cruel ruffian, you should leave before he makes it so that you cannot anymore"

She looked up at the woman who was said to be very old. She did not look it, her skin still had the glow of youth and her hair though pure snowy white glowed gold in the sunrise.

Gudryn remembered her braiding a wreath of blue and white flowers, the green steams so intricately and tightly woven by the skilled hands of this elder.

She loved this woman as a child would a parent, so gentle yet so wise with her years. A good friend to have at any time, good or bad.

"Where have you been?" the heartless voice inquired, her reply was an innocent, "nowhere". He seemed to ignore her answer, "you were with that witch again weren't you?" he spat.

She prepared herself for what would come now.

"Maiden? Do you sleep?" Gudryn's eyes fluttered open but stared at the raftered ceiling. "I am Eodwine. What is your name?" She looked at him then, and he looked upon her as kindly as he knew how. "You are safe now. We shall not let any dastard harm you again. What are you called?"

As she looked at him her lips trembled, "Gudryn, m'Lord, I am called Gudryn".
She looked around in puzzlement and fear still half in the nightmare but she could see Eodwine clearly.

"M' Lord?" she asked as he smiled down upon her, "will you truly keep me safe? I fear he will go looking for me to get revenge for my fleeing", she clutched at the quilt around her, trying vainly to find some comfort within it.

Eodwine's hand reached out to comfort her but she flinched and recoiled from the gesture with a whimper. "You are safe here", he reassured her before she allowed him to take her hand.

She squeezed his hand as hard as her strength could allow, wiping her face of tears in the warm blanket. "I hope so, I'm afraid" she sobbed.