View Single Post
Old 01-25-2005, 04:08 PM   #337
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Shield Eodwine and Falco

"There's tracks outside, as well as we can make out, from the rain. And gouges at the door of the back, near the kitchen. Someone tried to break in. Wyrd alerted us but you were lost in your sleep. Come out now, and see to the girl's protection."

Eodwine balanced himself, still sitting, on the side of his bed, the covers a mess beneath him. "Ow. That woman could talk loud enough to wake the dead."

"Quiet down, you noisy Rohirrim." Falco fiddled in his pockets for his pipe and Southfarthing.

"Let's see to the girl's protection then."

"Before breakfast? It ain't right."

"No grumbling now. We slept through the watches and noises." Eodwine forced himself to his feet, trying hard to keep his feet beneath him, not to mention his stomach from heaving. He moaned as he stumbled to the door.

"And a ruffian of some sort in the Common Room, no less."

"Ow. 'Tis too early for ruffians." Eodwine opened the door.

"They don't know a good time from a bad time, nor good from bad for that matter," Falco mused. "Well, it's good times in the Shire since we were rid of 'em, and that's saying something!"

"Keep it down!" Eodwine held his hands over his ears as he passed through the door and went down the hallway. "Where is everybody?"

"Surely enough that old lady Ruthven called for us, there's no mistaking that one's grating wheeze."

"Careful now, one mustn't speak uncharitably of the elderly."

"Oh, I don't mean nowise by it, just it's too early to be all business. Before breakfast even! Watch it, that ruffian's bound to be around the corner."

Eodwine peered around the doorpost. His eyes went wide. "That's no ruffian!" He started into the room. "Hama! You old battler! What brings you here? How long has it been?"

"Hama?" Falco said to himself. "The name makes me hungry. I could do with some ham and eggs."

Last edited by littlemanpoet; 01-25-2005 at 07:12 PM.