View Single Post
Old 02-08-2005, 08:32 PM   #356
Esgallhugwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Esgallhugwen has just left Hobbiton.
White Tree

Gudyrn

She poked her auburn head out the door to check that the coast was clear. Gudryn was about to make her move when she heard a passerby mumbling about how the damage had been only a bear.

Only a bear?

A small amount of comfort went into her, oh thank The One!, but still she looked about to catch a glimpse of her rescuers, namely Eodwine and the small one. Gudryn had heard of his kind before, Hobytla, yes that had to be it, she had heard tales from the Lady Elder of how four of the little people had saved Middle-Earth.

Surely he couldn't be one of them?, Gudryn laughed to herself, what a naive thought she was older to know better. She shook her freckled face and looked in the opposite direction, the Inn was becomg busy and she didn't do well in a crowd.

"Why, there she is at the door!" Falco announced, his eyes wide.

She backed into the room and gave him a wide eyed look of fear, she tensed and began to shake. Eodwine yet again leaving behind a well deserved breakfast walked over to her with a reassuring smile.

"Come, Lady Gudryn. There's no need to fret, I'll walk you to the table if you like", Gudryn looked up at him. "I....there is something important that I must tell you".

He looked at her intently, "what is it lass?".

Her eyes watered up again, "Rand" she spoke in a hushed whisper as if saying it any louder would bring him forth through the door with his blood spattered staff. "What if he comes looking for me? I was horrified to hear of the intruder, how glad I was when it turned out to be only a bear".

He smiled at her, "whether bear or no I promised to protect you". She nodded, "then I will go with you to the table".

Last edited by Esgallhugwen; 02-08-2005 at 08:37 PM.