View Single Post
Old 07-14-2007, 07:26 PM   #1885
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I've added the directions of the compass to "Plan 7" for the attached Eorling Mead Hall map. I hope that helps.

I forgot there were so many doors to the kitchen! Okay, here's how it works:

The NE door is to the Great Hall, and Eodwine and "Elborn" are running down it toward the kitchen. Apprently Ghem is closest to this one, which was contrary to how I had been reading Eala's posts; I had figured Ghem to be closest to the SE door.

The NW door is to the alder court, and is locked (as of the post just before Nogrod's which I haven't read yet), outside of which are Falco and apparently Thornden if Foley writes it that way.

Stigend is, as of the end of his most recent post, in between these two doors.

The SE door leads to the back yard, so to speak, and was the one I thought Ghem was closest to, through which he could have made a solo escape. Now I don't know what to expect.

The SW door is the one to the cellar, from which the outlaws have come.

The oven is in the North wall, and some other doohickey, I don't know what it is, is in the south wall; shelves? I would imagine that where the word "kitchen" is in the map, is a table on which Ginna was chopping whatever it was she was chopping; and now Stigend has it between himself and Withold & Ginna, and Ulric and Rowenna, while Ghem is apparently to his right.

Everybody clear on that? Any questions? Any corrections to this needed?

Finally, it's time for Eodwine to appear in the kitchen. So I'll write a post. I'll describe "Elborn" coming into the room right behind him, and the way I see it, Eodwine is going to keep moving forward until he has blocked the SE door, whilst Elborn stays in the way of the NE door, effectivley forcing Ghem to escape through the Alder court; I would expect Ulric and Withold to follow suit if they have any intentions of getting out of there alive. I'll leave Elborn's role pretty vague so that Eala can write what she wants.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Mead Hall plan 7.JPG (38.2 KB, 550 views)

Last edited by littlemanpoet; 07-14-2007 at 07:39 PM.