View Single Post
Old 07-17-2007, 08:00 PM   #1914
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Okay, everyone please stop and take a deep breath. And exhale again.

Thank you.

First I want to set up expectations for us all: we are all of us sensitive about our own writing. Criticism of another's writing is stepping into tricky waters where the currents are fast and changing and it's very easy to lose one's footing .... especially if English is our second language. So....

If you have a problem with the structure of someone's story telling, send me a PM about it. An example would be the degree to which the outlaws can have free movement in confined quarters while their opponents stand with weapons ready. I will look into the issue and make a decision. That's my job. That way you can be angry with me, or not, and I'm quite happy to live with that if necessary.

If you have a problem with what someone else posted because it conflicts with what you just posted, courteously say so on this discussion thread.

If you have ideas as to how things might play out in the storyline, please say so here; if another writer chooses not to accept your ideas for his or her character, you simply need to live with it.

If you find another writer insulting or offensive in discussions, please PM me about it instead of answering the writer directly. I'll take a look and find (I hope) an amicable solution. You're quite free to be angry with me if you don't like my decision, I can handle it.

If another puts words in the mouth of your character, or gives actions to your character, that don't fit your character, courteously request a change.

Thank you.

Now for my thoughts on the current situation.

I would like Eala to put her post back up. What I saw of it on my short lunch break looked pretty good to me, although it conflicted with that which I had just cross-posted. Where I see contradictions between her post and mine, I will revise my post as needed; if I see any specifics that I feel the need for Eala to change hers, I'll let her know. But I don't think I'll be asking for much change in her post, especially since she has been very quick to change her posts for the sake of others lately. Specifically, I'm thinking of having the blacksmith twins come in AFTER the action in Eala's post, which should remove any contradictions, and still give Stigend the opportunity Noggie wishes for.

One more aspect of this issue: how much free movement does an outlaw have in a hostage situation? A lot. The outlaws are the ones threatening the lives of people dear to those who are besieging the hostages. Therefore, Eodwine will shout down any sudden movements from his own people in order to save Ginna and Rowenna from any harm, much less possible death. That's my decision. You may be angry with me if you like. I'm okay with it.