View Single Post
Old 10-21-2003, 01:23 AM   #111
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: On the sand dunes outside of Ilium, watching it burn.
Everdawn has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Avanill

Avanill stood in silence as he let Barrold take care of the elf. His face now blank and his deep blue eyes had gone cold now. The young man was not one to be crossed like that, not by someone he had shown good will to. It was one of the things which made him a formidable man, he was not openly violent, but cool and collected, only at the moment of striking did he show his terrifying colours.

He let Barrold take care of Vanwe this time, and he did not watch as Barrold roughly tied her. It was no longer his concern, what Barrold wanted to do with his elf, he could and Avanill would no longer speak for her to him, he did not like having his kindness thrown into his face.

Avanill walked slowly ahead of Barrold and Vanwe, wrapping his cloak around his tall figure as they went. Eventually the returned to the shack where in Tallas dwelled. I will not harm an old man. he repeated to himself over and over.

"I said, come out Tallas. We wish to trade with you!" The creak continued and then stilled. When Tallas did not appear shortly thereafter, Barrold's hackles rose. He leaned in to Avanill and whipered, "We'll 'ave to deal with this one my way, boyo."

Avanill kept his sword at his side and his dagger in its place at his side. Behind them the elf was sobbing, Avanill half turned his head. "You have brought this upon yourself." he muttered quietly.

~My lord, Éomer~