View Single Post
Old 04-02-2006, 12:52 PM   #505
Hilde Bracegirdle
Relic of Wandering Days

Hilde Bracegirdle has just left Hobbiton.
Greetings Samwise, Helen, Pio, Esty, Mithalwen and Snowdog!

Ah, in wandering off for a day, and see I missed a gathering of minds here! No, I was not singing down a lonely trail yesterday, or gardening, but I was surrounded by a passel elves and hobbits in the form of a choir competition. And it was lovely voices and lovely songs all around. The day was capped off by watching my niece perform in West-side Story.

Now today I’m back to my puttering. In a hurry to get the indoor work done so I can enjoy the outdoor work!

Quote:
Originally Posted by piosenniel
Hilde - did you ever get the hardback of 'Artist and Illustrator'? Gorgeous book - I do have the paperback.
Oh yes, the book came, and also a copy of 'Letters'. Unfortunately, my ‘hardback’ arrived as a soft back though, some sort of confusion with the description on Amazon. But still, it is wonderful! I can’t get over how many different styles and things Tolkien was good at!

Quote:
Originally Posted by piosenniel
My next purchase is going to be a hardback copy of Fonstad's 'Atlas of Middle-earth'. My hubby would laugh at this want of mine. I'm notoriously bad at reading maps on our driving vacations. And am always 'lost'.

I can, however, pinpoint the location of just about any place or landform in Middle-earth - thanks to RP'ing and my well worn paperback copy of Fonstad's book.
Too funny! Sounds like you should either start using 7th Age settings for your RPGs Pio, or else find a way to start vacationing in M-E. I’d opt for the latter!

Well, I had better skedaddle. Save space a on the glider for me. I take it these meetings will be held out on the veranda more often these days, with the gardens and fishponds and Esty’s quilts to liven things up.

EDIT: Oh heavens, I've gone and lost my mind again! It's Letters in paperback and Illustrations in hardback!

Last edited by Hilde Bracegirdle; 04-02-2006 at 03:45 PM.
Hilde Bracegirdle is offline   Reply With Quote