Thread: The Veil Lifted
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2006, 05:00 PM   #29
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Celuien has just left Hobbiton.
The children were fast. Too fast for Becca, hindered as she was by the thick folds of her skirt and her stiff boots. They darted around a corner, and by the time she caught up, the catnappers were nowhere to be seen. Worse, Midnight had fallen silent. The trail was cold.

Becca stopped and stared down the street. It was filled with trick'r'treaters. Someone must have seen if the children passed that way. Or if Midnight escaped (as Becca hoped she would - Midnight was a special cat and always had always been bright, even for a cat), maybe they would have seen where she went.

Then Becca noticed a boy jogging up behind her. He came up alongside her. Becca couldn't help smiling at him. Recalling that footsteps had echoed behind her during her frantic run, she realized that he must have been following the whole way.

"Hello."

"Any trouble?"

"Yes. Someone stole my cat."

The boy flourished a painted cardboard sword. "I am Aragorn, son of Arathorn, and I shall protect you from the miscreants."

Becca's eyes danced in friendly amusement. "Aragorn. I'm Becca. Mae govannen, Dúnadan."

Yeeeeoooooowwwwww. The sound came from just down the next street to the right.

"Midnight!" Waving to her new friend to follow, Becca ran towards the sound.

Last edited by Celuien; 10-30-2006 at 08:24 PM.