View Single Post
Old 08-12-2012, 10:47 AM   #82
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coppermirror View Post
If Kitanna is a wolf, Nessa might have thought Pitchwife was a safe vote too, distancing herself from the lynching.
Um, why would she want to distance herself from the lynching of a wolf? Doesn't make sense to me (unlike the rest of your reasoning here).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coppermirror re Nerwen's death View Post
She didn't vote. Ordinarily if I heard that in a tale I would see that as a sign that wolves were trying not to be traced, but I'm not sure about it now.

They must have had something to gain from it. If Galadriel and I are both innocent, and perhaps neither of us is Radagast, and Radagast has by now had two dreams...that's a maximum of two probably-innocents and three known innocents. 5 innocents in an 8 person village, along with 2 wolves and 1 other villager. To me it would make sense for the wolves to have got rid of me or Galadriel last NIGHT, to cut down the number of probably-innocents, unless they had a really good idea who Radagast might be. Perhaps they were being reckless and hoping for maximum gain? Their current odds may not be great.

She mentioned Nessa a few times, but was fairly mild and reasonable about it. She also mentioned a few other people in a light sort of way, emphasising that she wasn't making accusations. It could have been a subtle way for Radagast to hide an actual suspicion on the first DAY.
The thing is, everything she said against Nessa or other people was based on sound reasoning, and nothing looks to me like it was arrived at by Nightly inspiration. Trailless kill seems much more likely to me.

(x-ed with Kit and Cop. )