View Single Post
Old 01-11-2005, 07:39 AM   #79
Essex
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Essex has just left Hobbiton.
I hear what you're saying, Boromir.

What I'm doing is making up for the time I also spent a few years back slagging off the first movie because it wasn't the same as the book, or that some things shouldn't happen. (this was on another Forum site that seems to have bit the dust before I came along this one....)

I use to moan frequently and LOUDLY. I then watched the EE version, along with the commentaries and appendicies, and I finally saw the light on how these movies are made.

I still have quite a fair few issues with a lot of the movies, but it seems to me that there aren't too many of us who point out why certain changes have to me made by the movie makers, and therefore back up the Director and scriptwriters. (For example, I have to Live with the Faramir/osgiliath change, and the EE has made it a bit more palatable)

Now most of us are glad the movies are made, I just HONESTLY feel sorry for people who felt let down by the last movie (there seems to be a lot of them). ROTK was beyond my wildest dreams how good it was. I spent days and weeks beforehand fretting on how they could and would muck up the last film. So I really do feel sorry for people who didn't thoroughly enjoy the film..........

Back to the Staff. Yes, I can see people's anger over this, and I admit I winced when I saw it explode. But as I've said, we have to live with the changes in the films and try not to get too bothered by them. I've learnt to do this, and I wish other people could do this too. I can almost TASTE the anger in some of these posts. I am not saying you cannot be angry, it is just my wish that we could 'Live with it' as I stated before.

Ah well, wish over, and back to real life......
Essex is offline   Reply With Quote