View Single Post
Old 12-03-2007, 03:00 PM   #22
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Warm greetings were exchanged when Peony and Mrs Chubb, who hastened to see the visitors, met Tansy and Bunny. Tansy introduced Bunny to the Chubbs and after exchanging the briefest tidings and gossip, Mrs Chubb excused herself and went back into the hobbit hole.

"So, what brings you here?" Peony asked, "I was not expecting you. That does not mean that you wouldn't be welcome, of course." She smiled.

Tansy returned her smile. "It is always good to pay friends surprise visits, isn't it? But, yes, we actually had something we would like to discuss with you."

"Really?" asked Peony with an interested glint in her eyes, "I was just about to go to find Hamfast and Nick, but it may wait."

"Off evading work again, are they?" Tansy asked with a grin.

"Well, you know Hamfast", Peony said, "and Nick is just like him."

“Oh, poor you, I'd never survive living with them”, Tansy said empathically, but there was an edge of mischeviousness to her voice.

Peony was eyeing her curiously and looked like she was about to say something, when Bunny broke in. “We're not disturbing you, Peony, or interrupting anything, are we?” she asked in a cheerful tone.

“Oh no, you're not. Finding those rascals may wait”, Peony smiled, “Though, I thought it would be nice to spend some time outside... Would you mind if we discussed in the garden? We have benches and a little table in there. It may be a bit wet, though...”

“It is perfectly fine”, Bunny said, “don't you agree, Tansy?”

“Yes”, Tansy said, “let's go then.”