View Single Post
Old 03-25-2009, 10:41 AM   #416
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
Let us not be so hasty, Groin. It's not that Lommy will be away for too long - not as long in comparison to how long it usually takes us sometimes to make posts anyway. Would it not be possible for you to for example leave this part of the story be, until she returns, and meanwhile continue the rest of the things concerning Trór etc.? Vigdis has little to do with the war itself anyway.
Agreed, Nali's character can afford stay even when important things are happening. Though if the story moves too far along I could always put up a save for Vigdis and Nali.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc
One question - who are all the people going out, then? There will be Trór and Frár, and an unidentified mass of soldiers including also Kór etc. - but is there anybody from the other players who would, perhaps, wish to join too? Here is the chance for a fight, so perhaps somebody else would wish to join?
Have you not heard, Legate? The draft has been reinstated! If you want to, Loni could include this in his speech, but I'm pretty sure that Dwarves would not hesitated to join. When Balin retook Moria every Dwarf played a role in it; I will have to think on what role the various characters should take. Craftsmen wouldn't be much good except in fighting, whereas Masons and Smiths (which are many) will be great warriors and engineers. I'll get back to y'all on this.

If any of you have any good reason to why your character shouldn't or won't fight, I'll hear them. The army will be in need of new officers as well, I'll look over character profiles and see which characters are best fitted, but please don't be shy and let me know if I should choose your character!

In the meantime, everybody, take Legate's advice and post while you can. I'll wait a while for any of my characters to post, this will be perfect opportunity for all the players who were silent during the council to emerge again!