View Single Post
Old 09-15-2000, 08:47 PM   #17
Saulotus
Shade of Carn Dûm

Saulotus has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

<font face="Verdana"><table><TR><TD><FONT SIZE="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Animated Skeleton
</TD><TD></TD></TR></TABLE>
Re: New Silmarillion

&gt;&gt;Saulotus, what exactly was the point behind the long post with quotes from Dunadain's Camp?&lt;&lt;

Dude, that was like related to the quote at the beginin about mythology and science not possible together.
This was Michael's contention and was like an answer to such claims from me.

The Valian thing wasn't involving Christopher except on the fringe. It was like directly related to the MYTHS TRANSFORMED section XI Aman, and Aman and mortal men texts and meanin.

Michael's argument is that Tolkien kept the 9+ year thing with some apparent time warp convolution thing goin on or sumpin. Mine was that the text is explicit otherwise and uses the 144 year thing which is WHY the text was created. It also extended to Michael's idea that the footnote was specifically referrin to the keeping of the 9+ year thing, while mine is that it was referrin to the retention of the annal dates of ANNALS OF AMAN. Then I went and examined the two positions side by side and judged what corresponded to text material.

Then Michael concluded I had no concept of what was written and went bye-bye.

Text is available in print. Read and decide for yourself what was meant.

</p>
Saulotus is offline   Reply With Quote