View Single Post
Old 06-29-2006, 05:23 PM   #104
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I've definitely noticed the instances where people don't exactly fit into any of the groups. I admit I did not notice so many until I got the chance to just sit down and read all of the posts over (finally had that chance).

I'm pretty sure these things are do-able - the only real issues with them are in the first posts.

I've been working on putting posts in order for going onto the game thread, but I found myself at a loss for where to place Firefoot's, Nova's, and Orofaniel's.

Question, Oro - what does your first post describe, exactly? It describes an escape. Were you envisioning that escape as recent?

Quote:
In the utmost athmosphere of inconfidence we have written our slaves in (really, people do maintain their humour and manage to live in the worst conditions, but maybe our charachters (partly mine also) are just the only lunatics around... ), it would be nice to write with even one or two of us knowing each other beforehand, even fragmentarily. And surely knowing someone is no reason to trust anyone...
Well, when we open the game, the slaves will have been in the caves for over two months, and will have been on the road for a little while after that. So between the first posts and the start of the game, relationships could have easily formed.

Relationships before the escape are possible, too, and can certainly arise after the start of the game. In your first post, you normally don't establish too much about your character, because obviously what happens in the game is what is going to be important.

And I will say (hopefully Child doesn't mind me sharing this) - we've both noted that the slaves are in-fact less mentally sound than the Orcs seem to be, which is interesting indeed...

Okay, so for the loners, we'll just say that the 50 slaves include them as well, I think.

And I think such things can be discussed through whichever form of communication everyone feels more comfortable with.

And Nogrod, your narration works well, I think. I'm still not sure exactly where to put it, but its a good point to work from for arranging other posts around it.

Mostly I think the loners posts will stand on their own, reflecting the fact that they're loners, which, personally, I don't have a problem with. About the only issue is the one you bring up about relationships, Nogrod, and the kind of 'coincidences' that are involved. Those are as much a part of RPing as they are of life, though...

Sorry if any of my explanations were jumbled (and I do hope I answered at least some of your questions, Nogrod...I'm currently listening to my friend singing along to 'King of Spain'...