View Single Post
Old 02-21-2001, 09:39 PM   #35
Gwaihir the Windlord
Essence of Darkness

Gwaihir the Windlord has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

<font face="Verdana"><table><TR><TD><FONT SIZE="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Essence of Darkness
</TD><TD></TD></TR></TABLE>
Re: ????

I'm not too sure about the passage from Morgoth' Ring. It may be the later creation; but it is really quite a large change from the orthodox version. Also it is rather less valid, in my opinion. The whole thing would fit better if we stuck with the current one.

I'm sorry I ever said nything about improvising. I've caused quite a stir. Leave it as it is (my draft); I really combined two different points from the two texts I used in the same sentance (and made it more interesting in the proccess.
In HoME, Melkor, his sword having bn desroyed when he slew Laurelin, was going to attack Telperion with his knife. A Noldo (a bit of an anti-socialite who was not at the feast upon Taniquetil) saw this and attempted to attack Melkor with his sword; Ungoliant traps him an Melkor uses the knife on him instead. Taking the sword he used that to tab Telperion.
It was become clear that the Noldo must be left out; he takes the position from Finwe as to being the first Elf slain in Valinor. So instead of the sword of the Noldo, I've written that Melkor used his knife on Telperion. Sounds alright to me; I haven't intoduced anything new.

</p>
Gwaihir the Windlord is offline   Reply With Quote