View Single Post
Old 10-16-2006, 12:00 PM   #18
Findegil
King's Writer

Findegil is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
To all i do not comment I agree.

BL-EX-17.5 I hesitated long about this. Is it think able that a Elf used a Orc weapon, because it seems mightier? I think not. But on the other hand, Orcs often used waepons from their foes, so this might be a weapon captured from by a orc-captina from some Dwarf in distance day and then captured by Mablung in a later battle. And since in the end our principle is to let a story stand if it can not be unproven, we should let the captured stand.

BL-EX-18 A FOOTNOTE?
I nearly had fall out of my chair when I read that. But if you find it fitting to bring in the information in that way, I am with you.

BL-EX-18.3: Either we have to delet "holding it out" or "took it" one sentence later, or at least so I think. And since the first is an an addition I found it more apropirate to delet this, even if in its proper place it was the first time Mablung touched the Silmaril.

BL-EX-18.7: Agreed to the first change.

Yes, you are right. But I think we should still ceary Huan back with Beren and also I would like to take up the name Camlost and this heritage:
Quote:
BL-EX-18.7 <LT Therefore now they raised Beren <moved Camlost son of Barahir> gently up and tended him and washed him, and he breathed, but he spoke not nor opened his eyes, and when the sun {arose}[set] and they had rested a little they bore him as softly as might be upon a bier of boughs <moved with Huan the wolfhound at his side> back through the woodlands; and nigh {midday}[midnight] they drew near the homes of the folk again, and then they were deadly weary, and Beren had not moved nor spoken, but groaned thrice.>{They bore back Beren Camlost son of Barahir upon a bier of branches with Huan the wolfhound at his side; and night fell ere they returned to Menegroth.} At the feet of ...
Respectfully
Findegil
Findegil is offline   Reply With Quote