View Single Post
Old 07-01-2006, 03:25 PM   #108
Undómë
Shade of Carn Dûm

Undómë has just left Hobbiton.
‘Hi, Rowan!’ Daisy called out, waving, ‘Papi’s lookin’ for you! What’re you doing?’ Daisy’s little face looked expectantly toward her. And close beside her was Dorlind.

Thorns and thistles! Rowan thought to herself. She put a smile on her face and motioned them closer. ‘You haven’t seen Tollers, have you?’ she asked sweetly, leaning on her broom. ‘He was supposed to have cleaned up in here this morning.’ She sighed, for a bit of dramatic effect. ‘Now he’s left me to see to it.’

Rowan looked down the corridor toward the bath room. The door was still firmly closed and she could hear a bit of splashing…which she hoped meant that the man was simply making himself more comfortable in the tub and not that he was getting out. She cocked her head a bit and listened for any sounds from his room. She heard none. Rowan breathed deep in relief.

‘You know,’ she said, raising her voice enough, she hoped, that Meliot would hear her. ‘I think the floor’s pretty clean now. And Mister Greymoss seems happy in his bath still…’

She leaned her broom against the wall. ‘Why don’t you come with me back to the Common Room. I think I saw a new girl out there with her brother. And she looks just your age.’ She reached down and grabbed a hand each of theirs in hers. ‘Let’s go out and I’ll introduce you…’