View Single Post
Old 06-05-2009, 07:10 PM   #5
alatar
Doubting Dwimmerlaik

alatar is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.alatar is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
The wee one of the tribe wanted to watch RotK last night as she got ready to pass out - she eventually just runs down. Shelob gave her a bit of a fright, and so we cut quickly to the Stanley Cup, and then back after Shelob let Gollum attack Frodo for a while. Anyway, as she (my daughter, not Shelob) finally drifted off on the couch, I sat watching this movie yet again.

Noticed something this time around that I hadn't seen before, and it's nitpicky (what would you expect? ), but just wanted to get it all down.

Grond, the big battering ram used to bludgeon down the gate at Minas Tirith, is too tall. Watch the scene more closely (I used my copy of the EE version of the DVDs; you'll need both). You'll see that Grond is well above the heads of the 'Grond trolls' that push it. Yet when it breaks through the Gate, it's just above. My picture of the Gate shows Grond withdrawn a bit, and so it looks higher than it was when it struck the Gate.

I'm guessing that if everything were to scale, the 'Hammer of the Underworld' should have struck the top portion of the Gate - still effective, that - though I could be wrong. Was this just some inconsequential error that allowed me to fill up a most boring day, or was the Gate supposed to be taller, or is this another case or moreMoreMORE PJ wanting Grond to be bigger, taller, faster...

It's been a slow day.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg grond.jpg (63.4 KB, 870 views)
File Type: jpg gate.jpg (48.4 KB, 942 views)