View Single Post
Old 07-03-2008, 12:07 AM   #388
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Formendacil
I'm pretty sure I speak for the vast majority of Downers in saying I'm "green with envy" (which is funny since... Downers are supposedly always green). To add a peculiar irony to my own situation, if I were to make a concerted effort with the resources of time and money available to me this summer, guess who's there on the short list of 'Downers within plausible reach? Yup, Brinniel.

How about it, Brinn? Care to make me lucky #13* in your quest to pass Esty?
Funny how things work out. When a simple comment becomes something real...

Last weekend Formendacil took that 16.5 hour drive and came to visit me all the way from Edmonton. Even better, he arrived just in time for my birthday so I got to celebrate with a fellow Downer. If Formy wants to share a link to his blog, he make a pretty good summary of the events that occurred over the weekend (which included miniature golf, laser tag, visiting the zoo, watching Prince Caspian, and going to a play).

I admit I was a little more nervous about meeting Formendacil mainly because I didn't know him quite as well as some other Downers and suddenly here I was taking him into my home and letting him meet my parents. But no need to worry- like all other BDer meetings, this one went exceptionally well. Formendacil is a very polite young man and laid back. I could tell he was nervous at first, but that didn't last long. We got along well and had no problem having conversations on just about anything. My mom commented that she thinks Formendacil will make an excellent priest and I 100% agree. Also...for my birthday, he gave me this nice metal sign personalised with my screenname and a fairy. It was so wonderful and thoughtful, I can't help but thank him again for such a great gift. And I'm happy to hear that our meeting has revived his thirst for the BD.

I'm sure you all want to see a picture. (Note: I thought it'd be funny if I put on the ever-so-famous hat. Gotta keep up with tradition. )