View Single Post
Old 07-03-2008, 10:22 PM   #389
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
I was most definitely nervous by the time I reached Brinniel's place, and I blame the long car ride, since I wasn't nervous beforehand, but rather excited instead. However, there's something about being alone in a car, in a foreign country, going somewhere I've never been, for more than half an hour or so, that seems to draw out my paranoid side... by the time I reached Brinniel after a long (but otherwise enjoyable, aside from the paranoia) drive, I was practically shaking. Of course, I also hadn't eaten much...

It was indeed an awesome weekend. Brinniel is quite the concerned hostess, and made certain that at no point would I have been justified in saying I was bored. She was unable, unfortunately, to schedule in weather other than scorching hot, but that ended up not being too much of a problem.

It is decidedly strange to be talking with one's mouth rather than one's fingers about things like Werewolf and RPGs, especially when my normal response from people is one of edging away awkwardly.

Of course, now I want to meet as many 'Downers as possible, but finances and time (to say nothing of my location, which is certainly remote enough--though not that bad if one had the aforesaid time and money) make it rather unlikely this year... though I'm percolating with ideas for next summer.

All in all, a highlight of the summer. Reading this thread in the past, there's always been a palpable sense of how fun it is to hang out with like-minded, kindred spirits, and also of how genuinely nice 'Downers seem to be in person. Meeting Brinniel certainly proved both these impressions true.

Oh, and my blog isn't too hard to find... one just needs to swipe their cursor over my signature.

Last edited by Formendacil; 07-25-2008 at 09:29 PM. Reason: Prepositional Clause addition clarification
Formendacil is offline   Reply With Quote