View Single Post
Old 02-22-2017, 05:06 AM   #811
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Dear me, I have become so treeish here that I completely missed my 15th death day last month! I may neglect this site, life being what it is, but I will never forget it and the role it has played in my life. Why, right now I am writing a chapter for an upcoming book on Middle-earth and music!

Without the Downs, I would never have made so many friends in real life, both Downers and other fans with whom I came into contact because it all started here. I would not be a published author (non-fiction) and I would certainly not have learned so much about the internet and how to use at least some of it! My book shelves would be emptier and so would have been many delightful hours I spent discovering new aspects of Tolkien and his works. And I would not have travelled to some of the wonderful places I have seen, either visiting friends or seeing Middle-earthian sights.

So here's to the Downs, which will be 17 years old soon - almost of age in modern human terms. May it live - oops! - moulder in peace for many years to come!
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Estelyn Telcontar is offline   Reply With Quote