View Single Post
Old 07-11-2017, 04:42 PM   #55
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eönwë
In terms of actual suspicious behaviour, while my last post was intended as a joke, Lommy's comments on Lottie's "[eyebrow-raising]" behaviour could actually be a classic case of the "this seems suspicious but I'm not actually suspecting you" wolf-tactic to sow distrust early on and have evidence of early suspicion to fall back on if necessary. While I do agree that it's best practice not to discuss the evil side's tactics too much, I also think Lottie was right to point out that it's not necessarily the case that a wolf will be added each Night. Though, ok, talking about how this might differ from the GW and what strategies might underpin these differences might be a bit much.
I was, as usual, thinking while typing. I didn't like Lottie discussing what are reasonable strategies for the EW, so my brain went "suspicious", but as you can see towards the end of that paragraph, I kinda reasoned it would have been a weird/bold move from either a wolf or the EW to openly speculate about the EW's startegies in her very first post. HOWEVER, to do a Lommy flip flop now that I think of it, it *might* not be so weird from an EW. Like sure, she'd be drawing attention to herself, but as the EW would be thinking a lot about the EW tactics it might feel natural to her to post about it without thinking much? And for another flip flop: I always suspect Lottie on Day1 so I'm gonna give her the benefit of doubt this time. Probably. But she's really the only one who stands out to me so far, even if it's rather as "someone whose actions caught my attention" as opposed to "someone who's a likely wolf/EW".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eönwë
And the worst part is, even if we did get the Evil Wizard toDay, they'd still have 2 more Nights before they could be taken out by the Good Wizard, by which point they could've worked all sorts of mischief.
But that isn't a reason not to try to bag him today. If we can guarantee the GW can take him out on Day3 if she wishes, then that's amazing. (Yes the EW is a 'he' and the GW is a 'she'. For disambiguation. And feminism. )

I'm all for making up a way for dead thread communication, but it probably isn't the most urgent issue since the DL is approaching?

PSA: Nogrod probably doesn't know the game has started since he hasn't been here and it's 1.30 am Finnish time. I meant to text him earlier but I forgot but I did now so he should be around for Day2 I hope! I'll send Sally and Lalaith facebook messages too even though it's a bit late for that too...

Okay: next up: a list to organize my thoughts and a vote. It IS late here.

Last edited by Thinlómien; 07-11-2017 at 04:42 PM. Reason: bolding
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote