View Single Post
Old 02-23-2009, 08:14 PM   #293
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
Now why would an innocent go on making such a statement if she had a feeling someone was the seer? She has never answered this - and I can't see why any decent innocent would act like that in the first place. Especially if she thought that I had the most valuable information of all eg. knowing the identity of the BQ which was part of her explanation?!!!
There is no point in hiding a role that I don't think you have. I also don't think you're the White Queen. Oh no! My bad, I shouldn't have said that aloud. Saying what I don't think is just downright dangerous for everybody involved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nog
a) did she really have that thought out well before making the statement or is this invented afterwards (as her previous answer seemed to be in the crucial respects)?
The problem with this is the suggestion that I think things out well in advance before saying them. I certainly considered the implications of posting a hint/query before I hit submit, and decided that it wasn't going to be a big deal if anybody noticed, because people drop hints and ask questions all the time; what I didn't expect was for you to respond the way you have. It makes me think you actually do have something to hide. Oh no, I shouldn't have said that either!

I intended to feel out the validity of my suspicion of your role, and to give an explanation for my vote of a newbie, when it's common practice to give noobs the benefit of the doubt on day one. I was in a foul mood and I noticed what you'd said. Why forgo a chance to kill off the Black Queen, and why wouldn't a player try to learn who the seer is? As I said, once you reacted the way you did, I knew no prudent seer would be that much of a blowhard (no offense, please, you know I adore you) in response to something so mundane.

I tire of this. You're being like a dog with a bone, Nog. Let it go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nog
I mean the reason why Fea the cobbler was not lynched yesterDay was friendship and not the arguments in the game. And we could be rid of a cobbler now...
First I'd like to say, "Except I'm not the cobbler."

Then I'd like to say, "I agree with the rest."

While I'm pleased I'm not dead, games are no fun if they are based on favoritism instead of on suspicion. The phantom is right when he says I would never hesitate to kill him if I thought it would suit my plans, and it's common knowledge that he's a buddy of mine. Please don't let your adoration of my wonderful self mess with the integrity of the beauty that is stabbing your closest internet pals in the back.

Now that I've finally caught up...

Seriously, that just took me hours.