Thread: Hunted RPG
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2004, 09:55 AM   #14
Phervasaion
Shade of Carn Dûm

Phervasaion has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Tom watched Melody as she walked out of the room to answer the door. Maybe she just doesn't like me in that way. Tom thought to himself getting the wrong end of the stick on the way Melody reacted. He liked Melody from a rather young age, but because Tom wasn’t a very expressive person, no one really realised how much he felt about her and how much he cared for her safety.

Melody walked back into the room followed by Cedric. “Ah Cedric, it is good to see you here. Take a seat if you will,” Tom said as he stood up to greet him. Melody stood there with a nervous smile on her face and Tom Knew why.

“I’ll go and make some tea,” Melody said as she walked off to the kitchen at an unusually fast pace.

“What brings you here?” Tom asked Cedric as he sat down.

“Well, if you wish to know the truth I came to see how Melody was. Don’t you think you treated her a bit too harshly earlier today at the meeting?” Tom just looked at Cedric sharply with his piercing eyes and thought he was slightly rude for saying that. He took a deep breath, realizing that Cedric was probably right.

“I suppose your right to an extent Cedric. I have come to a decision, though, to let Melody, Ivy and Estelle come on the journey if they wish. But I only shouted at Melody because I fear for her safety and if anything was to happen to her I don’t know what I’d do with myself.” There was a short silence. “Anyway,” started Tom trying to change the subject. “You are still coming on the journey aren’t you? I trust you will be saying your goodbyes to your family soon. As he said this Melody walked into the room with the tea and placed it on the table. Tom and Cedric thanked her and she sat in the chair next to Tom.

“To be honest,” said Cedric taking a sip of his tea. “I’ve already spoken to my mother earlier today just before I came round. She isn’t taking the news about this quest very well at all. I wish she would stop worrying about me and treat me like the grown up hobbit that I am.”

“You should think yourself lucky Cedric. At least you actually have a family to worry about you,” said Tom while in deep thought about his parents, he wondered often if they were even still alive. He stood up and looked out the window. It was a cold evening. “It’s getting late. I best be off now. Farewell and have a good evening Cedric,” said Tom.

Melody sprang out of her seat. “I’ll show you to the door,” she said to Tom. They walked together to the door of her dwelling without speaking and she opened it for him.

“Thank you. And I’ll see you tomorrow,” Tom said to Melody.

“Goodbye,” she said smiling. Tom looked at her and lifted a gentle smile upon his face and turned round, went out the door and started to make his way back to his Hobbit hole.

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 2:57 PM January 18, 2004: Message edited by: Phervasaion ]