View Single Post
Old 09-08-2004, 01:23 PM   #145
Orofaniel
Mighty Mouse of Mordor

Orofaniel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Orofaniel
Eye Herding

"Captain Cenbryt!" Herding yelled as he forced himself towards him.

"I knew you would come..." Koran muttered. Herding held his sword tight and looked at Koran with the great disgust. "Pick up your sword, boy," he said arrogantly. "This is where you and I end this," he then concluded. "End what?" Cenbryt growled. "You will know the details when I'm finished with you," Herding answered. He was just as arrogant as before.

The other warriors that were standing between them moved as quickly as possible, as they knew this was a battle between the tow Captains only; no one else were to get involved.

"I've longed for this moment since the beginning, Captain Cenbryt," Herding told him. "I've thought about this very moment every second - every minute....I will not let you, as a man, walk away from this battle field after this battle. If you are to subborn and decide to leave, you might leave as a ghost - But as a ghost only." Herding said holding his sword even tighter. Koran laughed mockingly before he relied the following; "I like your sense of humour, Captain."

"For I do not think it is I, that leaves as a ghost this eve of battle. I would be very surprised if I did," he continued. "You see, Captain; you're too arrogant and self-centered to survive this. You've met your enemy - oh indeed, but you cannot defeat him. I simply will not let it happen.”

Herding stood amazed by Koran’s words. He didn't expect the young man to answer in such manners, but he knew if he'd be in the position Koran was in, he'd answer just the same. "I'm impressed," Herding said finally, seeming restricted and distant all of a sudden. "I'm impressed by the courage you show when you're about to die," Herding then said, frowning. "If I were you though, I'd be a bit modest, not to mention humble, before my very last hour as a living man," Herding said. He just wanted to run him over, and cut his throat at once, but he managed to control himself. "Yet, I do not see why a man should beg for his own life like a dog. Although, in the situation you are in captain Cenbryt, it would be the wiseste thing to do; you see, your death could be very painful if I'd have it my way. And believe me, I will have it my way..." Herding spoke with great voice. At the same time quite slowly as he didn't want to overlook any of Koran's face expressions. Herding tried to analyse him, he couldn’t tell if he was scared or even affected by anything he had said. He wanted Koran to beg for mercy, like a dog, but he knew long ago that it simply wouldn't be in his nature. He respected that of course, because he would be doing the very same in Koran's position - or would he?

"Painful? I do doubt it," Koran then said, still mockering him. "I don't know what pain you're speaking of," he continued. "I do know however, that I am not going to experience it tonight."

With those words, Herding ran toward him. The fight had begun.

Koran sized his sword quickly, and managed to fight the first attack that came from Herding. The sweat was pouring down both their foreheads, and anyone could tell that sweat wasn't the only thing that was going to be pouring down their faces this evening.

Then it was Koran’s turn to attack Herding. The two swords flung together with a great sound. The old rotten blood that were lingering in the curves in Herding’s sword would soon be replaced by Koran’s blood, or so Herding thought.

Herding turned quickly, but faced his enemy on the other side. Once again he did a turn, but Koran was there too. Would he manage to kill this man? There was no time for thinking as the two men fought each other. Koran moved down to the ground and flung his sword through the air just inches from Herding’s feet. It gave Herding time though, to collect himself before Koran got up from the ground. There hadn’t been one single hit yet, not even harmless hits on the armour.

“Can’t you do better than this?” Koran asked Herding rolling his eyes. “I would have expected better of a Captain like you.”

Just as he said that, Koran hit Herding in the foot. “Aha,” Koran smiled evilly. “You...” Herding muttered. He didn’t know what to say, expect for that he wanted to kill him. He wanted to end Koran’s life, but it had been said so many times already that he didn’t feel like repeating himself. He had made up his mind, and when he had done that, it was going to happen no matter what. Herding was indeed, as stubborn as can be.

Suddenly a female elf stood between them. What part would she play in all this?