Thread: ATM II RPG
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2006, 02:59 AM   #117
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
The side of the Mountain was a little blackened, probably due to the road dirt and lava flows it had experienced over the years. About the base of the mountain, a small crowd had gathered, some were complaining about the vast amount of damage done by Mount Zoom. Smilog looked back and saw the tracks the Mountain had left, along with a long line of destruction and doom. There was also an ambulance that was taking Andvarri to a near by hospital, but it turned out that Mount Zoom was in the way.

Tollin and Roggie walked on a little behind Smilog who was trying to climb as fast as he could, while the other two walked at a sensible pace. "Come along!" cried the Dwarf, "Get a move on!" Tollin threw a rock at Smilog's head, without any real reason. He helped him up and apologised. Roggie sniffed the air and whistled a little tune to himself; Jerusalem to you and me, perhaps, but to the birds it meant that the supper was ready. Thousands of flying creatures flocked to the scene, looking for some food, and all they found was the three odd travellers on the Mountainside.

"Oh goodie," sighed Smilog, "we'd better get under cover!" he looked around and saw that Tollin and Roggie had already done so. In a slightly annoyed way, Smilog dived under a rock and awaited the birds to depart and stop following them. "Blast that Roggie and his whistling!" he cried, a little too loud. A rock flew against his head once again.

All of a sudden, the birds began to disperse as a louder sound began to rise. The three travellers rose from their hiding places and looked around to see what it was. It was defiantly in the air and getting closer, "A dragon?" said Tollin, looking at Roggie who shook his head.

"No," he answered, "too quiet!"

"Quiet!" exclaimed Smilog, "I'd hate to see a Dragon then!" At that moment, a large, blue and white helicopter flew into view and began hovering above the three of them, blowing dust and ash all around and making them feel uncomfortable. A large megaphone was lowered out of the bottom of it and a loud, but not too commanding, voice came out of it.

"Is this your mountain?" it asked.

"Yes!" answered Roggie, "But it's not supposed to have wheels, you see!" Fortunately, his natural Balrogian lungs made his voice loud enough to go over the sound of the helicopter. There was a moment of silence while the people in the helicopter discussed things.

"I am officer Jim," they said at last, "your vehicle is illegally parked across 900 disabled parking spaces!" He paused for effect, "in accordance with police code 9 4 5 6 2 section c-"

"'No officer may be caught wearing an orange toupee?'" said another voice, "I think you mean section b."

"Yes, 'b'" said Jim, "it doesn’t matter. I'm going to have to ask you to move it or it'll be clamped!"

Tollin raised his head and spoke into Roggie's ear. He nodded and shouted, "Do you have a big enough clamp?" there was silence from the police for a few moments.

"Yes?" came the unsure voice of Jim, "And if we don't we will open fire, just for the heck of it!" Smilog didn't like the sound of this and waved to the other two that they should continue on their journey. "Hey!" cried Jim, "don't walk away! I've not finished with you yet!" but they continued on their way, walking towards Sauron's road.