Thread: Favourite Scene
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2008, 12:44 AM   #34
Diane C
Pile O'Bones

Diane C has just left Hobbiton.
As this will be my first post on this wonderful site my favourites would probably be seen as being a bit boring to some of the old pros on here, but here goes anyway.

The Mines Of Moria. Gandalf has just finished talking to Frodo about Gollum, pity and the fate of the Ring. Gandalf then leads the Party into the magnificent realm of the Dwarrowdelf, coupled with that really quite stirring & powerful score by Shore sent shivers down my spine.

I also loved the scene at the Council of Elrond in FOTR, where Legolas makes it known the true lineage of "Strider" as the "Heir of Gondor" and how Frodo is taken totally by surprised that this ranger of the North is the King of Condor in waiting!

Boromir, and his defence of Merry & Pippin at Amon Hen, and his death scene with Aragorn and the seminal "my brother, my captain my king!"

The lighting of the Beacons, of course.

The arrival of Gandalf "from the East on the 5th day at sunrise" at Helm's Deep and the subsequent charge down the hill of the Rohirrim

Gollum arguing with Smeagal

and after being crowned King of Condor Aragorn saying to the Hobbits, "you bow to no one!" (Slushy I know but perfect for me)