View Single Post
Old 07-25-2015, 01:30 AM   #253
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
I've been pretty busy lately, but I haven't forgotten Ladavan.
I've been considering whether he ought to have any more encounters with PCs the day of arrival, or just wake up the next morning with a funny notion in his head...
I have just been thinking it would be fun to have Ladavan interact with Áforglaed (preferably in the company of somebody else, like I could dump them together with Hilderinc). That could be just a talk over the meal, or when going to sleep, or whatever. If you are around, we could still work on that, even just put it to fill in. (Or in the worst case, if everyone wants to do a longer jump really fast, we could make a save and fill it in with a co-post later, if it won't include anything besides establishing the first connections.)

That said, maybe before we do any hyper-long time jump, it might be nice to just work on whether any of the newly arrived characters want to separately establish their initial interaction or meeting with others. (As in, making first impressions.) That could still be done rather over the course of next few days game-time rather than in several weeks. But it comes down to how many people want to do it and how.

If more people were interested in that, maybe we could also do some "First Contact Series" to cover the gap we are going to jump over, i.e. just a series of different posts where everyone could coordinate with each other the circumstances under which they would like to meet the other characters. You know, something like "Ledwyn and Scyld", "Ruari and Ladavan", "Saeryn and Brith" (was still supposed to happen, by the way?), "Elfthain and Hilderinc". If some people want this (and the forest-dwellers are not in a hurry to join us, although they basically could start arriving during that time too), we could make it into a kind of dragged-out start with these small episodes, so that everyone can write at the same time, and those who have something ongoing they might want to sort out, can do it during that time as well and not feel pressed by others.

Just an idea. I might anyway post something short today still for some of my characters, to finish sketching out their first day's doings.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories