View Single Post
Old 03-11-2010, 07:24 AM   #251
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
No I should have done more. Have really free loaded on this but have so enjoyed the ride.

What I find so amazing is that it stands so much relistening and that I keep hearing new things - thanks to a better player I have realised that the death of the fell beast is more gruesome in its sploshiness than any visual special effects!

Also, in contrast to so many contemporary programmes it assumes a certain intelligence and attention span on the part of the listener - there is very little extra explaining which is remarkable given it was designed to last half a year with no Iplayer to catch up on.

I have just treated myself to the 1967 adaptation of "The Forsyte Saga" - I have long loved the books and have always been told how wonderful the TV adaptation was. The modern one isn't in the same league - modern audiences must be spoonfed it seems...

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote