The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > Novices and Newcomers
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-02-2005, 11:21 PM   #1
sulrhandir

Help with a deesktop wallpaper?

Several years ago I discovered a nice Tolkien/Hobbit themed wallpaper for my window's desktop. At some point I have managed to lose it and was wanting to find it again. I have had no luck in relocating it on the net and was hoping someone else might be familiar with it. I remember that tha background was of a parchment map the journey to the lonely mountain, lying across the map diagonally was Sting glowing a light blue. If anyone know this wallpaper it would be most appreciated for a link. Thanks.
Old 07-03-2005, 02:03 AM   #2
davem
Illustrious Ulair

Location: In the home of lost causes, and forsaken beliefs, and unpopular names,and impossible loyalties
davem is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.davem is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Off at a slight tangent (as usual!) but there are a couple of nice Tolkien Wallpapers here in the Downloads section.
davem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2005, 02:43 PM   #3
Lalwendë
A Mere Boggart

Lalwendë is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Lalwendë is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Or just find any picture you like which has a decent resolution and then choose that as your wallpaper - I get all manner of strange and bizarre ones by doing this. Though I have a nice one on one of my machines which is a Tolkien illustration of Rivendell, as seen in the 2005 calendar.