The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-22-2003, 08:20 PM   #1
Arwen1858
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Arwen1858 has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Arwen1858
Sting What are they thinking?!

Look at this: <A HREF="http://entertainment.msn.com/photos/gallery.aspx?photo=139082&gallery=1714#photos" TARGET=_blank>MSN entertainment</A><BR>They say she decided to join the other elves to leave Middle-earth! I figured that scene was just to make you <I>think</I> she was leaving. Surely they don't have her decide to leave?!! Of course she'll change her mind, but are they actually going to say she decided to leave Me?! She never wavered in her decision to stay with Aragorn. They had better not mess that up! Do you think it's just MSN's take on the picture, or what's really going to happen in the movies? I know in the trailer Elrond tells her he cannot protect her any more because she's made her decision... but first is she going to decide to go to the Grey Havens, and just change her mind about that?
Old 10-22-2003, 08:39 PM   #2
HCIsland
Zombie Cannibal

HCIsland has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

It's just bringing the casual fan up on these characters. This is where we left Arwen in Towers.<P>I wouldn't make anything of it.<P>H.C.
Old 10-22-2003, 09:17 PM   #3
Finwe
Deathless Sun

Finwe has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Finwe
Sting

In the original screenplay, Arwen was supposed to ride to Helm's Deep along with Gandalf, Eomer, and the Rogue Rohirrim. If you watch Eomer's Charge in slow motion, you can catch a couple of glimpses of an Elf fighting. That was Arwen (who they edited out later on). I'm sure that PJ, Fran, and Philippa will come up with a creative way for Arwen to remain with Aragorn. We know for a fact that she does, because I have seen her Wedding Dress at <A HREF="http://www.alleycatscratch.com/lotr" TARGET=_blank>Alley Cats LotR Costumes</A> and they are a very credible site.<p>[ October 22, 2003: Message edited by: Finwe ]
But Melkor also was there, and he came to the house of Fëanor, and there he slew Finwë King of the Noldor before his doors, and spilled the first blood in the Blessed Realm; for Finwë alone had not fled from the horror of the Dark.
Finwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2003, 09:57 PM   #4
Arwen1858
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Arwen1858 has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Arwen1858
Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> In the original screenplay, Arwen was supposed to ride to Helm's Deep along with Gandalf, Eomer, and the Rogue Rohirrim. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR> Really? I'm so glad they got <I>some</I> sense knocked into their heads, and at least didn't do that! I figured in TTT Arwen was going to Lothlorien, because Alley Cat Scratch does have a pic of Arwen and Galadriel that's been on the net for quite some time now. But I thought people who haven't seen that or read the books would probably assume she's going to the Grey Havens. Anyways, I hope they don't have her waver in her decision <I>at all</I>.