The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > Novices and Newcomers
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 11-10-2002, 07:38 PM   #1
Morgoth Bauglir
Shade of Carn Dûm

Morgoth Bauglir has just left Hobbiton.
Sting Can anyone give me information for Christopher Tolkien?

I looked on search engines except all i saw was books edited by him, can anyone give me a site or some kind of info. about him?

He doesnt seem like hes receiveing enough attention, and hes provided us with so much stuff on ME, so i was just curious. Thanks in advance
Morgoth Bauglir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2002, 08:42 AM   #2
Selmo
Shade of Carn Dûm

Selmo has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

Christopher Tolkien doesn't get the recognition he deserves because he wants it that way. He is a very private person who avoids the lime-light.

We all know how the mass media treats those whom it regards as "celebrities". If Christopher Tolkien wishes not to have all the intimate details of his private life fought over and lied about in newspapers, magazines and on the television, then I ,for one, wish him success.

Selmo.
Selmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2002, 06:09 AM   #3
davem
Illustrious Ulair

Location: In the home of lost causes, and forsaken beliefs, and unpopular names,and impossible loyalties
davem is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.davem is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Sting

There is a VHS out - or was in the late 90's - JRRT, a Film portrait, in the UK, which had a long interview with Christipher Tolkien, who lives in France with his wife, Bailie, going into considerable depth on Middle earth
davem is offline   Reply With Quote