The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Announcements and Obituaries > The Barrow-Downs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 04-06-2005, 03:50 AM   #1
Amrod the Hunter
Haunting Spirit

Amrod the Hunter has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Amrod the Hunter
Pipe Why did you join?

Why did you join this forum?Because you like the books,because you like the movies or something else?I joined because of the books and because the forum is great....
Amrod the Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 06:38 AM   #2
Lolidir
Wight

Lolidir has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Lolidir
I joined simply because no one I know knows a whole heck of lot (as much as I do anyway) about LOTR. I came here searching for a place I talk with people that know more than me. It gives me a place to share and learn stuff about Tolkien and his works.
Old 04-06-2005, 04:03 PM   #3
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Silmaril

*spends a few minutes thinking*

Well... I first found the site because my brother, who introduced me to The Lord of the Rings by denying the trilogy to me, is a member. I'm an avid reader and I love fantasy (and I'd already read The Hobbit), so when he refused to lend me his books, I wanted to read them just to spite him. So I borrowed an extremely battered (pages fell out while I was reading) copy from his English teacher and read it in about three days. After that, I very quickly read the second two volumes and became an immediate fan. This was before the Movies. I had all sorts of questions, but he didn't want to share his hobby with me and nobody else in my family had read the books, so I resorted to the internet. I found this website (the history on our computer had this and theonering.net) and started looking around.

Observing the friendly atmosphere and the fact that there is truly a place for every kind of Tolkien fan here, I fell in love. I'm moody, so there are some days that I want pure intellectual debate, and that is Books. I also have a zany sense of humor, so Middle Earth Madness (as it was at the time) was perfect. Movies catered to the fact that FotR had come out two months before I joined officially. I was terrified of the Quiz Room, but these days, if I get on a roll... Once seeing all this, I decided that this was the perfect place to share my hobby. After coming up with my lengthy moniker, I posted a thread the very first day and I've never regretted a moment sense. The End.

Fea
Old 04-11-2005, 03:48 PM   #4
Nimrodel_9
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Nimrodel_9 has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Nimrodel_9
Thumbs up

I joined for the love of both the books and the movies, though I don't go into the books forum very often. I feel like I'm a 2nd grader amongst seniors in there.
Old 04-16-2005, 10:05 AM   #5
ElementFire
Animated Skeleton

ElementFire has just left Hobbiton.
Thumbs up

Because it's fun!!! Fun fun fun!!! And everyone here is nice! well...most everyone... haven't really met everyone...

I don't do kung fu, I do kung lamb!!!
ElementFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2005, 01:10 PM   #6
Gil-Galad
Psyche of Prince Immortal

Location: Above a Parapet Obvious exits are: North, South, and Dennis
Gil-Galad has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via MSN to Gil-Galad
aye... it was my older brother that brought me to see a performance of the Hobbit by the UofC, thats what really got me into Tolkiens work...then he showed me this site and i decided to join in...much fun indeed
Old 05-12-2005, 09:30 AM   #7
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolidir
I joined simply because no one I know knows a whole heck of lot (as much as I do anyway) about LOTR. I came here searching for a place I talk with people that know more than me. It gives me a place to share and learn stuff about Tolkien and his works.
thats my reason too
Old 05-12-2005, 01:37 PM   #8
Assasin
Wight

Assasin has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

I joined because I like to talk about LotR, and hardly any of my friends do. So know I can talk about tiny little details of the books and the movies and not get laughed at, well not most of the time.
Old 05-13-2005, 10:26 AM   #9
Turin Turumbar

Sting

I joined for several reasons. I love both the books and the movies. I happened to stumble accross this site the other day, and started reading some of the old threads. I was interested, so I read a bunch of them, and decided to join so I could take part in a thread if I wished. I didn't originally intend to become a member, but your discussions drew me in.
Old 11-06-2005, 06:34 PM   #10
Fordim Hedgethistle
Gibbering Gibbet

Fordim Hedgethistle has been trapped in the Barrow!
I joined for the free shotgun with every new registration.

Still waiting for mine to arrive in the mail...