The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-04-2006, 09:36 PM   #1
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
Tol-in-Gaurhoth XVI: No man is an Island

Greetings 'Downers, and welcome to the 16th Werewolf Game played on this illustious forum. I am your Moderator, and I hope you will enjoy your viewing and playing. In a moment, I shall post the rules to this thread, but I wish to announce for the player's benefit, that I have decided to take the cautious later start. We shall therefore be starting at 5:00 pm EST (10:00 pm GMT) on Monday, January 9th, with Day 1 of the game. Night 1, when I receive the Seer's first pick, and shall myself die, shall take place from when I send you your roles until the beginning of Day 1.

Until the start of the game, you may use this thread for any queries you may have concerning the game. I have changed the definition of the Seer for this game, changed the day-by-day restrictions concerning the Ranger, and I have created a new character for the Village side.

~Michael A. Joosten - WW XVI Moderator~
Old 01-04-2006, 09:39 PM   #2
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
With Grateful Thanks to the Phantom and the Copy Button

ROLES:

Werewolf- There are three Werewolves in this village. Their goal is to reduce the population of the village until it is even with the number of wolves left in the village.

Seer- There is one Seer, and his goal is to help find Wolves with his nightly dreams.

Ranger- There is one Ranger, and his job is to protect the Villagers from the Werewolves at night.

Hunter- There is one Hunter, and his duty is to take a Wolf with him to the grave when he meets his fate.

Apprentice- There is one apprentice, and his duty is to replace the first Seer, Ranger, or Hunter to die.

Cursed Villager- There is one Cursed Villager, but he does not know he is cursed, and so behaves like an Innocent Villager, unless the Wolves choose to kill him during the night, in which case he joins the Wolf team.

Cobbler- There is one Cobbler. The Cobbler is actually one of the enemy, sent to distract and confuse the Villagers while the Wolves hunt or try to remain hidden.

Innocent Villager- There are 10 Innocent Villagers, and their job is to lynch Werewolves during the day.

RULES FOR ROLES

Werewolf- Each night the Werewolves must select someone to kill and PM the name to me, the Moderator. When someone is killed, his death and role are announced to the village the next morning (except for the Cursed Villager, if he is "killed" he becomes a Wolf and so no one dies that night). The Wolves can PM amongst themselves during the Night cycles, to discuss strategy.

Seer- Each Night the Seer must select a dead villager to dream about- and PM the name to me. The Moderator, me, then PMs the dead villager he has chosen, to ask that person to reveal what they know or guess about the role of whoever the Seer chose. The person being PMed must tell the truth, insofar as they know it. If they do not, they must clearly use the word “guess” in their reply. The reply of the person PMed will be sent back to me, and I will send it to the Seer. The Seer cannot pick the same person two nights in a row, and may only pick the Moderator on the first and second nights: the one when he is the only one dead, and the one when it is him (me) and one other.

Ranger- Each night the Ranger must select someone to protect from the Wolves and PM the name to me. If he picks the same person that the Wolves pick for their kill, that person survives the night. If he protects the Cursed, the Cursed cannot be turned into a Wolf that night. The Ranger cannot protect himself, and he may only protect the same person two nights in a row- no more.

Hunter- The Hunter can, at any time, PM me with the name of a person he believes to be a Wolf. The Hunter can change his pick at any time. If the Hunter is lynched during the day or killed at night, the most recent person he PMed to me will die with him. The Hunter can never choose to kill no one.

Apprentice- The Apprentice is an ordinary villager until the death of one of the three Gifteds: Seer, Ranger, Hunter. When one of these dies, the Apprentice will replace that person, and assume the role they had, be it Seer, Ranger, or Hunter. If more than one Gifted should die at the same time, the Apprentice may choose, via PM to me, which role he would like to assume.

Cursed Villager- The Cursed Villager is exactly like an Innocent Villager, except if the Wolves target him at night he doesn't die, but instead joins the Werewolf team, and becomes a fully functional Werewolf.

Cobbler- The Cobbler appears as an Innocent Villager to the Seer, and has all the same powers or lack thereof, of any of the Villagers. His goal is to assist the Werewolf team.

VOTING RULES

During the day, every member of the village must form theories about who is a wolf based on accusations, defenses, voting record, and seer hints and then vote to lynch someone.

At the end of the day, whoever has the most votes against him is lynched, and his identity is made known (unless he is the Cursed Villager- the Cursed will appear to be an Innocent Villager, unless of course he has been turned into a Wolf).

Votes are cast like this-
++ Formendacil

If cast otherwise, I cannot guarantee that I shall see them, and be able to count them.

Votes cannot be taken back.

In the event of a tie, the first person to achieve the winning number of votes will be executed.

Each day, I expect EVERYONE to VOTE, and also to POST.
Failure to post at least once a day could result in death, depending on the mood of me, the Moderator.

Failure to Vote for two days running will result in death, regardless of the Moderator’s mood.

ABOUT THE NARRATION

Since I am the moderator, I will be narrating the results of each Night and Day. My narration DOES NOT MEAN ANYTHING!! In my little stories, villagers will be named and they will say and do things, but what they say and do is NOT meant to be used as EVIDENCE!! It is purely entertainment.

Also, during the course of this game, I would appreciate it if you would all acknowledge the fact that I am a working bum, though I have more free time than most, and so I will not be able to respond IMMEDIATELY to all queries.

Also be aware that, because of the different nature of the Seer’s Role, you are expected, dead or alive, to be available until the end of the game. If this is not possible, you should perhaps consider pulling out. If something comes up, PM me and I will be lenient- and fill in on your behalf (but Seer, do not expect the truth out of me). For this reason the Seer is to PM me with his nightly request of the players.

I am looking forward to a well-played game. You will all receive your roles Friday or Saturday.

The players-

Meneltarmacil - Creepy Guy on the Edge of Town
Cailin - Noble Kleptomaniac
Azaelia - Town Drunk
Farael - Worm Hunter
TGWBS - Hat Maker
Garin - Horse Loaner
Kath - Gongfarmer
Rune - Misplaced Hobbit Peace Activist
Valier - Brewmaster
Gil-Galad - Shrubber
Alcarillo - Moneylender
Lhunardawen - Potion-Pizza Person
Gurthang - Rancher
Amanaduial - Northman Forest and Mountain Guide
Naria - Store Proprietor
Nilpaurion Felagund - Suspicious Carnivore
Kuruharan - Dwarven Alcohol and Weapons Merchant
Eluchil - Mild-Mannered Innkeeper
Malkatoj - Professor of Philosophy

If I don't get an occupation from you by the time I begin sending out PMs, I will assign you one.

If you have already stated your preference, then don't worry, I will put it next to your name later.

Wolves, Seer, Ranger, and Hunter- I want your nightly picks ONE HOUR BEFORE THE DEADLINE AT THE LATEST. That means I need them by 4:00 PM EST. If your pick is late, I can promise you nothing save what whim dictates.

EDIT: The Apprentice will not know who he is until the death of the First Gifted. If the Apprentice dies before any of the Gifteds, his role will be revealed to the village at that time.

Last edited by Formendacil; 01-09-2006 at 12:27 PM.
Formendacil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 12:56 PM   #3
Gurthang
Sword of Spirit

Gurthang has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Formendacil

Until the start of the game, you may use this thread for any queries you may have concerning the game.
I shall do just that.

First, about the Seer. Is the Seer dreaming of a dead villager? Or does the Seer 'dream' of a dead villager who then tells him about a live villager? Or tells of all the live villagers? Or just gives his best guess about all of them?

I'm pretty confused about that...

Also, when the Apprentice becomes a gifted, is he told everything the gifted did? For instance, Seer's past dreams or Ranger's picks, which could be very useful if the Ranger had been successful.

Finally, if the Ranger protects someone two nights in a row, does that mean that he cannot protect them again? Does he have to wait one night to protect again, or two? Does this mean he could protect one person two thirds of the entire game? (two nights on, one off, two on, one off, etc.)

And finally, if the Apprentice is voted to lynch, does someone yell "You're Fired!".
Old 01-05-2006, 01:06 PM   #4
Garin
Shade of Carn Dûm

Garin has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

For the record I have sent a PM to our moderator re: the seer. I am unclear as to what the seer is supposed to accomplish by asking advice from someone who was unlucky enough to get killed. This seems to diminish the importance of the seer. Chances are I am am misunderstanding the whole thing. Formendacil you need not pm me if you can address the matter on this thread.

I am a sick man ... I am a spiteful man. I am an unpleasant man. I think my liver is diseased.

Fyodor Dostoevsky "Notes From the Underground"

Last edited by Garin; 01-05-2006 at 01:10 PM.
Garin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 01:31 PM   #5
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Okay, allow me to clarify the new role of the Seer, as it will be used in this game.

Normally, when the Seer dreams, the Seer gets a vision from the Moderator, correct? They ask the Moderator about the true nature of any villager and get a true answer.

However, in this game, when the Seer dreams, they will still send a Private Message to the Moderator, and they will still ask about the true nature of ANY villager they want, but the person they are asking will only have their own, pre-death information to go on.

During Night 1, before Day 1, the Seer can only ask the Moderator about someone, because the Moderator is the only person dead. Obviously, unless they ask about the Cobbler or Cursed, they will get a true answer.

During Night 2, the Seer may again ask the Moderator about someone, if they wish, or, alternatively, they may ask the person lynched on Day 1 what they know/guess about so-and-so. The Seer, if he's wise, will probably pick the Moderator to ask, since this is the last time he can do so... but supposing that a Wolf is lynched on Day 1? Well, the Seer could ask the dead wolf about... SPM (not that he's playing). If SPM is a wolf, the dead wolf has to reveal it. If SPM is not a Wolf, the dead wolf has to say that "I do not know. I guess him to be a _______."

Now, obviously this weakens the Seer's role to a certain extent. Which is why I am allowing the Ranger to guard the same person for two nights in a row: to reset the balance of power.

Similarly, the Apprentice was a role I thought up to allow me to use both the Cobbler and the Cursed. Regarding this question:

Quote:
Also, when the Apprentice becomes a gifted, is he told everything the gifted did? For instance, Seer's past dreams or Ranger's picks, which could be very useful if the Ranger had been successful.
The Apprentice is not informed.

True, this does mean that the Apprentice is not able to access the dead Gifted's choices, so the usual fear of dying without revealing what you know is there, but it also means that the new Ranger, for example, could go on guarding the same person that the old Ranger had been guarding. In theory, you could get the same person guarded 4 nights in a row.

Additionally, the new Seer, if that was the Role the apprentice inherits, could contact the Moderator in his dream, allowing for a potential maximum of three nights on which the Seers could contact the Moderator.

Quote:
Finally, if the Ranger protects someone two nights in a row, does that mean that he cannot protect them again? Does he have to wait one night to protect again, or two? Does this mean he could protect one person two thirds of the entire game? (two nights on, one off, two on, one off, etc.)
Correct. If the Ranger takes a night off and guards someone else, they may go back to the person they were previously guarding.

NOTE: An edit is being made to the original rules post with information not contained here.
Old 01-05-2006, 01:53 PM   #6
Garin
Shade of Carn Dûm

Thank you Form, I did neglect to tell you that the apprentice is a great idea.

I am a sick man ... I am a spiteful man. I am an unpleasant man. I think my liver is diseased.

Old 01-05-2006, 01:55 PM   #7
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garin
Thank you Form, I did neglect to tell you that the apprentice is a great idea.
Why, thank you!

I did think it was rather inventive...
Old 01-05-2006, 02:10 PM   #8
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Question

Hmm...interesting variation.

Is the Seer allowed to only ask one question in the form of "What do you know about so-and-so?" If not, I'd immediately go to the first dead wolf and demand the names of its compatriots.

I just want to make sure I am clear on this. You know how some ruthless souls immediately start looking for loopholes with the express purpose of exploiting them mercilessly.
Old 01-06-2006, 01:40 AM   #9
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
Silmaril

All I can say is, this is going to be a lot of work on your part, Moderadacil.

Oh, and another thing:
Quote:
In the event of a tie, the Werewolves have the option to PM me, the Moderator, and request which of the tied candidates they want killed. The Werewolves may PM me before the end of the day, if a tied vote looks likely, or they may opt to not select the kill. If the kill is not selected, both candidates die.
I think this would sway the Day lynchings in favor of the werewolves too much. If some wise (so to speak) villagers managed to latch onto an actual werewolf, all the werewolves have to do is to try to convince the naive (again, so to speak) villagers to do a double-lynch with an innocent villager, and their fellow wolf would be spared from the lynch.

Last edited by Lhunardawen; 01-06-2006 at 01:52 AM.
Lhunardawen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 05:43 AM   #10
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Location: The brink, where hope and despair are akin. [The Philippines]
Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
1420! Checking in . . .

I'm supposed to tell you that the times I'll be active here is almost the same as Lhuna's, but you'll lynch me on the first DAY enedwaith.

Won't you?
Nilpaurion Felagund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 07:14 AM   #11
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Amanaduial the archer has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Amanaduial the archer
Silmaril

Quote:
Cobbler- The Cobbler appears as an Innocent Villager to the Seer, and has all the same powers or lack thereof, of any of the Villagers. His goal is to assist the Werewolf team.
Woah, interesting new development (I think) - so there are now four 'bad guys'?! More than a fifth of our number? Gah!

Quote:
I'm supposed to tell you that the times I'll be active here is almost the same as Lhuna's, but you'll lynch me on the first DAY enedwaith.

Won't you?
If...you say so, Nilp. *evil*
Old 01-08-2006, 10:51 AM   #12
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Well, I should be able to be online from about 4pm to the deadline except the first Day. I might get on between 9 and 4 sometimes depending on school timetabling.
Old 01-08-2006, 11:53 AM   #13
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: In hospitals, call rooms and (rarely) my apartment.
Farael has just left Hobbiton.
Well, I'm a student too and I live at GMT -6 if I'm not mistaken, but I can't tell you guys exactly my times because I don't even know them. Don't expect me to post often before noon my time (6 PM GMT) on Monday, Wednesday and Fridays but I don't know when I will or will not be around. I'll try to let you know as the game goes on!
Old 01-08-2006, 12:00 PM   #14
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Valier is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
I believe my start time is 4 in the afternoon I'm central time.I am also attending university and should be able to post around that time,Thursdays I will post a little later on,depending on homework.
Old 01-09-2006, 11:13 PM   #15
Gurthang
Sword of Spirit

Call me crazy (and I just might be, having herded for so long) but I've got an idea. Now, I know I'm not known for my brain, thinking things, but here's my plan:

If our Seer is of the lucky sort, he'll get the name of a lycan from our poor deceased Formendacil. That happening, I would suggest that the Seer should come out and name the wolf. Now, I know this means certain death for our current Seer, but since we have an Apprentice, we will still have a Seer with us, and we have for certain a wolf. Also, if he deem it good, the Ranger can protect the current Seer for a couple nights, so he won't even die for two more nights, at the least.

Now, I'd wait until the Seer can dream from Formendacil twice, just so we have two certain names, and I'd only have the Seer come forward if they find a wolf. It really doesn't set the village back that much (effectively, we lose our Apprentice) and we get one of the lycans in the first two days.

Now, you'll probably think that's a wolfish suggestion, but really, that doesn't make sense. Even being the rancher that I am, I'm not as stupid as that. But go ahead and talk about it anyway, conversation is good. I'd just like to stress that the Seer should not come forward unless they find a wolf from their two Formendacil dreams.

P.S. I haven't gotten to catch up yet, so I'll get back on any comments I find important.
Old 01-09-2006, 11:56 PM   #16
Alcarillo
Shadow of the Past

Alcarillo has just left Hobbiton.
Well, I wake up to find that our dear friend has been killed. I shall miss the way he paid back the loans on time.

Well, my pet cat has unexpectedly managed to disorganize all of my money, so this might be my only post for today. I shall have to return back to my house to get things back in order.

Anyways, due to my tight schedule, I feel I shall have to make a random vote. Now, it's absolutely unfair to lynch somebody without givin' them an opportunity to defend himself, which means that I shall abstain from voting for Nilp, as tradition would call for. With the help of my pet cat, I have chosen

++Garin

to die. Nothin' against him, but I need to say sumin' an' cast a vote before I head back home. A random vote is as good as any this confusin' day.

*walks away, muttering about darned cats and how some coins are so hard to find*
Alcarillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 12:12 AM   #17
Cailín
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Cailín has just left Hobbiton.
Despite being in a bit of a hurry, since it is the start of my workday again and you know how much I love my job: a few more random accusations, heh, I mean observations.

Now this Garin person… Much of a talker, I have noticed, but not particularly saying much, if you get my meaning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garin
Some of you are hiding a great evil and we will not let you succeed.
If he could just identify the you and we, we’d get a lot further.

And Azaelia has quite a strange look in her eyes… so very aware of her surroundings. Oh, she is sober? Well, that would be a first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mild-Mannered Innkeep person
My friend Cailin, you should know more than anyone that finger pointers often have the most to hide. Not that I'm accusing anyone myself. Although, I did seem to hear much ruccus near my inn that night. Chatter, it seemed like. With some clatter. But when I went to investigate, there was no one. Isn't that queer? Well, you'll never see me out after midnight. I have responsibilities to tend to, and what with evil afoot, I should focus on my customers and keep!
Well I never said I have nothing to hide – though no furry things, make no mistake, I prefer my secrets aahhh smooth, shiny, silverish – but I am talking too much. I will definitely say, though, I do not ‘chatter.’ You will find my conversation is always dignified, my friend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Little Squeaky Robbit thing
and Azaelia just because you don't like my methodes does not mean that you have the right to treat me like an inferior. I belive I told you how I would deal with these misunderstood creatures. If this fails I will of course need to rethink my stradegy, but for now I will stick with kindness.
Alternative methods… Well we could always pretend to be kind and understanding and cut their heads off as soon as they step forth in our group sessions, I suppose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naria
What is with the pushing of the liquor Valier? Want a few of us drunk do we? Hmmmm.
I must say that is the most sensible idea I heard so far. Loosen those tongues a little, for most people are still far too much on guard for me to trust anyone.

As to Gurthang’s idea, I find it neither wolvish nor insensible and definitely worth considering, though the Seer should get the final say in things, as ever. The only other person who seems to be using his brains is Kuruharan – immediately tripling his already outrageous prices - , though I doubt we’ll love him more for it.

((I fear I am not really caught up with everything, but am forced to leave anyway.))
Cailín is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 04:05 PM   #18
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Question

The day after Gil-galad’s lynching dawned cold and bright. Perfect weather for a day of accusational oratory. But one villager did not awake with the rest of the village to hunt Formendacil’s killers…

Kath had always dwelt on the edge of town, in one of the more ramshackle dwellings. Some said this had to do with the smell. Being a gongfarmer was never a pleasant job.

When Kath didn’t appear, Kuruharan the arms merchant, Gurthang the tough rancher, and Amanaduial the archer travel guide banded together and carefully made their way to the stinky house on the edge of town. The rest of the village, not so bold, held back watching, despite the fact that all their number was present and no one missing (other than Kath) who could be a Werewolf.

With one blow of his Dwarven fist, Kuruharan sent Kath’s door flying. The three warriors peered in cautiously, then jumped back, startled, at the sight that met their eyes. The mangled body of Kath was lying facedown in her own dirt floor.

Slowly, the villagers got over their shock, and entered the building, searching for clues of the attackers.

“They got her without a struggle,” said Meneltarmacil, surveying the scene. “Not a weapon or piece of wolf anywhere.”

“They’ve left us another message,” said Cailín, catching sight of another parchment. She read it aloud to the others:

Are all Men of the West as stupid as you?

You didn’t come near to catching us yesterday, and you won’t today. Yet another of your number is dead, and if you don’t leave by sundown, another shall be taken tonight.

Leave Rhovanion or die!

And it was signed,

The Werewolves in your midst

“Hey, does anyone besides me notice something?” asked Rune.

“What?” said The Guy Who Be Short.

“There’s an awful lot of shoes in here,” said Rune, and looking around, the others realised that it was so. Pairs upon pairs of shoes littered the floor, as well as scrap leather and tools for cutting and fitting shoes.

“So Kath was a COBBLER in her spare time,” said Lhuna. “What a sad hobby! We should have spent more time with her.”

“Mmm… peach cobbler,” Nilpaurion smacked his lips.

“Stop it, Nilp,” said Meneltarmacil. “You’re a carnivore, remember?”

“That’s why she didn’t put up a struggle!” said Malkatoj. “She WANTED to die. And with a job like gongfarmering, and a hobby like shoemaking… She was probably trying to HELP the wolves.”

“Shoemaking,” shivered Rune, who always went about barefooted, for some reason. “What a perverted hobby!”

“Perverted?” said Amanaduial. “In what way? If you ask me, Master Peace Person, you’re as much as confusion as she was. Maybe YOU’re a werewolf!”

And so began the second day of debating in Dol-in-Gaurhoth.

Those alive:

Azaelia - Town Drunk
Farael - Worm Hunter
TGWBS - Hat Maker
Garin - Horse Loaner
Rune – Misplaced Hobbit Peace Activist
Valier - Brewmaster
Alcarillo - Moneylender
Gurthang - Rancher
Amanaduial - Northman Travel Guide
Naria - Store Proprietor
Eluchil - Mild-Mannered Innkeeper
Malkatoj – Philosophy Professor

Those dead:

Formendacil - Moderator - Killed by Werewolves, Night 1
Gil-Galad - Shrubber - Ordo - Lynched by Village, Day 1
Kath - Gongfarmer - Cobbler - Killed by Werewolves, Night 2

You may begin posting.
Old 01-11-2006, 04:19 PM   #19
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Boots

Quite frankly, I'm not in the least disappointed with the results of last night's munchings. The wolves came as close to shooting themselves in the foot as they ever will in their nocturnal raids.

Now, we have to ask ourselves, why did they pick Kath? I seriously doubt it was because she'd pointed a finger at one of them (in her case by accident). If she'd done that they'd probably have left her alone because killing her would point the finger back at them. I'm going to go back and look through her posts to see if there is anything useful there to see.

At the moment I think that TGWBS and Meneltarmacil have some 'splaining to do.
Old 01-11-2006, 04:33 PM   #20
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuruharan
At the moment I think that TGWBS and Meneltarmacil have some 'splaining to do.
I agree with Kuru, I thought you both were a little quick to accuse,then lynch,poor Gil-Galad! I don't see what was so suspisious about him. Would you both care to elaborate.And for the others who voted for him..Shame! Now we've gone and killed one of our own!

Now the wolves have killed,the only friend they might have had in this town. I think we need to get down to bussiness,and lynch us a real wolf!
Old 01-11-2006, 04:34 PM   #21
Cailín
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Well, we won’t miss that smelly, sneaky, suspicious, sassy little… well I shall keep it friendly, shall I?

It seems like the wolves are on the good side for now, which is a positive thing! What luck they killed their only possible ally! Though I feel rather bad for killing Gil since he was just an innocent, let us be honest, we would have killed him eventually anyway. And I am rather curious to see whether Nilp continues along the same lines.

My guess is that the wolves picked Kath because she did not express any clear opinions and failed to vote alltogether, thus not incriminating anyone and leaving us no wiser than we were yesterday. That could mean that some of us came pretty close to killing a wolf yesterday or just that someone thought this a good opportunity to get rid of a possibly intelligent opponent (ha ha ha!).

I’ll start with a review of the votes and see how the discussion has developed when I wake up tomorrow:

Azaelia – Meneltarmacil (Menel 1)
Alcarillo – Garin (Menel 1, Garin 1)
Nilpaurion Felagund – Nilpaurion (Menel 1, Garin 1, Nilp 1)
Lhunardawen – Nilpaurion (Menel 1, Garin 1, Nilp 2)
Amanaduial – Kuruharan (Menel 1, Garin 1, Nilp 2, Kuru 1)
Gil-Galad – Nilpaurion (Menel 1, Garin 1, Nilp 3, Kuru 1)
Malkatoj – Nilpaurion (Menel 1, Garin 1, Nilp 4, Kuru 1)
Farael – Eluchil (Menel 1, Garin 1, Nilp 4, Kuru 1, Eluchil 1)
Naria – Nilpaurion (Menel 1, Garin 1, Nilp 5, Kuru 1, Eluchil 1)
Rune – Gil Galad (Menel 1, Garin 1, Nilp 5, Kuru 1, Eluchil 1, Gil Galad 1)
TGWBS – Gil Galad (Menel 1, Garin 1, Nilp 5, Kuru 1, Eluchil 1, Gil Galad 2)
Meneltarmacil – Gil Galad (Menel 1, Garin 1, Nilp 5, Kuru 1, Eluchil 1, Gil Galad 3)
Valier – Eluchil (Menel 1, Garin 1, Nilp 5, Kuru 1, Eluchil 2, Gil Galad 3)
Kuruharan – Garin (Menel 1, Garin 2, Nilp 5, Kuru 1, Eluchil 2, Gil Galad 3)
Cailín – Gil Galad (Menel 1, Garin 2, Nilp 5, Kuru 1, Eluchil 2, Gil Galad 4)
Gurthang – Gil Galad (Menel 1, Garin 2, Nilp 5, Kuru 1, Eluchil 2, Gil Galad 5)
Garin – Gil Galad (Menel 1, Garin 2, Nilp 5, Kuru 1, Eluchil 2, Gil Galad 6)
Eluchil – Farael (Menel 1, Garin 2, Nilp 5, Kuru 1, Eluchil 2, Gil Galad 6, Farael 1)

So, a lot of different people appear in the voting list. I think the most crucial votes would be Malkatoj or Naria’s vote for Nilpaurion (almost ensuring a Nilp lynch at that point). TGWBS’ vote for Gil Galad, starting the second bandwagon. And finally, Garin’s vote for Gil, though understandably he wished to break the tie. We can disregard Eluchil’s far too late post.

I’ll read yesterday’s proceedings again tomorrow, but am now getting far too sleepy to make sense.

Last edited by Cailín; 01-11-2006 at 04:35 PM. Reason: fixed a spelling mistake, honest! Okay, there were two.
Old 01-11-2006, 04:38 PM   #22
Cailín
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Another thing before I leave:

Don't you think it is funny how Meneltarmacil and I both picked up on the tiny clues Kath left in her posts? Though I would suspect Menel for his voting behaviour, this makes me believe he also considered Kath might be the Cobbler - in which case he would never have slain her during the Night.
Old 01-11-2006, 04:51 PM   #23
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Boots

I’ve combed through Kath’s posts and I think Cailín probably has it right.

Quote:
My guess is that the wolves picked Kath because she did not express any clear opinions and failed to vote alltogether, thus not incriminating anyone and leaving us no wiser than we were yesterday.
Kath briefly mentioned (I don’t want to use a stronger word than that) malkatoj and Cailín, but not much more than that. I do wonder what the significance could be of Meneltarmacil being the one to publicly mention Kath’s use of the word “cobbler.”
Old 01-11-2006, 04:53 PM   #24
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cailin
Don't you think it is funny how Meneltarmacil and I both picked up on the tiny clues Kath left in her posts? Though I would suspect Menel for his voting behaviour, this makes me believe he also considered Kath might be the Cobbler - in which case he would never have slain her during the Night.
So what it seems your saying is that Meneltarmacil is not a wolf...But you fail to mention anything about yourself...Maybe you picked up the hint as well, because you knew what to look for.(Ahem..Wolf).... Excuse me.
Valier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 04:36 PM   #25
Garin
Shade of Carn Dûm

Shield

Well, well, the wolves have lost a friend, for shame. (I'm being sarcastic.) This makes our job of finding the wolves less difficult. It is too bad about Gil-Gilad but I believed Nilp was more insane than guilty. Unlike Gurthang I didn't want to leave the decision up to the werewolves. Which, as he said, raised my suspicions of him. Still, one of the votes for Nilp is a wolf, I believe. You'll all be happy to know that I will be less gabby for I have taken ill. *cough*
Oh, and I can't believe Kath used the word 'cobbled.' *cough*

Old 01-12-2006, 01:57 AM   #26
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Location: The brink, where hope and despair are akin. [The Philippines]
Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
1420! [The Carnivore is unconcious. These are his alter-egos.]

OK, let me explain our DAY 1 strategy.

DAY 1 is a practically illogical day, where the only way you could catch a werewolf is if:

a) the werewolf had a slip of tongue.
b) the seer dreamt of a werewolf
and decides to tell the village about it; or
c) random chance.

More often than not, c) is operative, and it usually fails (the chance of catching a werewolf is 3:19, in case of this village). The chance of lynching a gifted is much higher, 4:19. Call us cowards for not wanting to risk voting for someone else who is more likely to be gifted than to be a werewolf, but we prefer to err on the safe side.

Also, on DAY 1, with nothing to fall back on but our respective jobs, sometimes slips are made (like what Kath did, intentionally or unintentionally). This, coupled with the voting strategy, is what we are trying to look at now.

Be back in two hours or so with a vote!

Respectfully,
The Home-owners's Association of Nilpaurion's Mind
Nilpaurion Felagund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 02:47 AM   #27
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
Silmaril

How time flies...and I'm still as clueless as ever...

++ELUCHIL

makes me feel a bit uncomfortable. I don't have any proof, of course, but it might be good to spark a little more conversation...
Lhunardawen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 04:01 PM   #28
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Sting

The second day after Formendacil’s death was taken a good deal more cautiously by the villagers of Dol-in-Gaurhoth. The villagers had seen proof of the Werewolves’ resolution to continue killing them, and although their latest victim had been the one person in the village who could have given them assistance, the fact that not one of the Werewolves was known- or even clearly guessed at- gave them reason to think long and hard on what they knew.

“We should send away for help,” suggest Azaelia. “Surely we can survive long enough to find some professional assistance. And it wouldn’t be like just giving up the enemy.”

“Professional werewolf hunters?” said Garin, “do such things even exist? And if they do, I doubt if there would be any nearer than either Gondor or the Iron Hills. A trip to either and back would take to long.”

“I’m as close as a professional as you can get,” said Nilpaurion. “I am, after all, a carnivore myself.”

The village ignored Nilpaurion. After his performance of the day before, they were content to leave him be for the moment.

“Anyways, who would we send?” said Rune. “In my opinion, we should all abandon the village, and seek out a professional werewolf diviner together.”

“I’ve seriously doubt that such things exist,” re-emphasized Garin.

“And are you seriously saying that we should set off as a group across the wilds?” said Amanaduial. “We’d be in exactly the same boat, except that we’d have no walls for our defense. The werewolves would have us dead before we reached the great road north of the Ered Lithui. And if, by some reason, they let us live until we reached Gondor, we’d just be setting them up for more murders.”

“You’re right,” said Cailín. “So we do the honourable thing, and try to find them for ourselves. I guess it’s the only thing to do.”

“But what if we guess wrong, and the Werewolves escape and go on to kill other villages!” said Alcarillo. “I’m as fond of my life as the next man, but if being honourable is what we’re after, then maybe we should commit mass suicide. True, that’s a pile of innocents going down as well, but at least we’ll know for sure that the Werewolves are dead.”

“That’s over four villagers for every Werewolf,” said Meneltarmacil, doing the math. “Maybe that’ll be acceptable if another few days go by and we’ve had no luck, but for now I don’t think we can justify those odds.”

“Dying isn’t a part of my plan, whatever happens,” said Kuruharan. A few of the villagers shouted their agreement, but Lhunardawen said:

“That sounds suspiciously like what a Werewolf would say to ruin a sound plan.”

“Sound plan!” said Malkatoj.

And so the day continued….

It was one of those days when things seemed unnaturally balanced. When the votes were being tallied at the end of the day, as impartially as the villagers could arrange, it was a close race between Lhunardawen, Garin, Cailín, and Eluchíl- a race where coming in first would mean being the ultimate loser. Gurthang and Meneltarmacil, assured for the moment that they would not die, were already preparing the gallows.

The last few votes were counted, giving Garin a very unwanted landslide victory. The village began to close in around him.

“I’m inclined to agree with Kuruharan,” he said. “Dying isn’t a part of my plan!”

And he grabbed a long knife from his belt, and launched himself at the nearest bystander, grabbing him at the throat.

“Help me!” shrieked Eluchíl.

“No one’s going to save you, runt!” snarled Garin. “They don’t know whether you’re a wolf or no, and from their voting today, I gather that several think you’re a Wolf!

“Now!” he turned to the village. “This little whelp and I will be on our way. If you don’t want to see him hurt, you’ll be wise and make a path for us.”

The villagers looked at each other for guidance, forgetting momentarily the two other Werewolves in their midst. All clutched weapons, from Amanaduial’s longbow, to Gurthang’s riding crop, to Lhunardawen clutching Formendacil’s sword. Slowly, they backed up, letting Garin and Eluchíl through. Slowly, the convicted man and his captive headed towards the edge of the village, the villagers following behind.

Then Eluchíl decided to escape. Why, no one could ever say. Perhaps he panicked. Whatever the reason, he tried to dive under Garin’s arm, and make a dash for the others.

Garin gutted him where he stood.

For a moment there was silence as Eluchíl slipped to the ground, and gave a gasp before dying.

“Told you I was innocent…”

Then everybody came to their senses. Garin took one look at the villagers and made a beeline for the village gates. The others were hard on his heels.

“Get out of my way so I can shoot him!” said Amanaduial, but they were running too fast to stop.

At the head of the pack was Kuruharan. As he explained later, Dwarves are natural sprinters, very dangerous over short distances.

And so it proved for Garin. Just before he made it to the palisade walls of the village, the Dwarf had caught up to him. Massive axe in hand, he swiped at the fugitive, causing him to stumble, though he didn’t manage to maim him.

The rest of the village caught up, and made a ring around Garin, cutting off his escape.

“Traitors!” snapped Garin. “Come and help me, why don’t you!”

Who he was snapping at was never learned, for Kuruharan’s mighty axe clove deep into his stomach, severing him nearly in two. Dying even as he fell to the ground, Garin began to transform, his body shaking as his human features transformed into those of a hideous, cloven beast- the form of a WEREWOLF. The village all stepped back.

“No Werewolf twists my words for their own means and gets away with it,” said Kuruharan, wiping his blade.

“It’s not the one who killed Formendacil,” said Valier. “This one still has its tail.”

In the sky, the sun was setting.

“Let’s get to bed,” said Farael. “I’m sure we’ll pay for this tomorrow…”

NIGHT 3 has now begin.

I need names from the Seer, the Ranger, and Wolves. Dead people, be ready for a PM from me, from the Seer.

Last edited by Formendacil; 01-12-2006 at 04:23 PM. Reason: Narration, narration, narration!
Formendacil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 06:41 PM   #29
Eluchíl
Animated Skeleton

Eluchíl has just left Hobbiton.
Insinuations, accusations...projecting fears onto me? Friends...listen to ourselves. We must not let the forboding nature of the issue take over our sanity. Amanaduial, you speak reason. You see they only want blood, too, don't you?

Perhaps an olive branch. I'm officially inviting everyone to my inn for some after hours talk and discussion so we can get down to this issue in a civil and diginified manner. I hope to see everyone there.
Eluchíl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 04:09 PM   #30
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Morning dawned over the village of Dol-in-Gaurhoth. One by one, the villagers regathered in the village square, expecting to find their numbers culled again. But, when they took a headcount, everyone was present….

Several hours before, in the dark of night, the two Werewolves had crept up on one of the village houses, intent on avenging their comrade’s death, and planning to cull yet another from the herd of witless sheep that was the village. But as they approached the door of the house, something startled them.

But before they could react to the sound, a tall figure leapt out of the shadows brandishing a long blade that shone in the moonlight. Moving fast and deadly, the warrior advanced on the wolves.

Still timid after the death of Garin, the Werewolves turned and ran. The Ranger did not follow. The duty of the night was done. Go any further and the Wolves might turn and fight…

As the villagers realized that the Wolves had not killed any of their number, they started to rejoice, but soon Farael’s sharp eye caught sight of a piece of parchment with a familiar scrawl on it, driven on a nail to the lynching tree.

Men of the West it read.

So you have survived another night. Consider it a fair trade for the unexpected bonus of Eluchíl’s death. Your Ranger cannot protect you for long.

The Werewolves in Your Midst

“Bluster!” said Gurthang, “it’s all bluster.”

“Yes,” said Malkatoj, “surely they can see that they’re losing.”

“If I may point out the obvious,” said Rune, “we still have no idea who the other Werewolves are.”

“I have an idea,” said Amanaduial darkly.

“And just what are you insinuating?” demanded Rune.

And so began, yet again, another day of accusations, deceptions, and, eventually, an execution…

DAY 3 has begun, you may now begin posting.

Those alive:

Azaelia - Town Drunk
Farael - Worm Hunter
TGWBS - Hat Maker
Rune – Misplaced Hobbit Peace Activist
Valier - Brewmaster
Alcarillo - Moneylender
Gurthang - Rancher
Amanaduial - Northman Travel Guide
Naria - Store Proprietor
Malkatoj – Philosophy Professor

Those dead:

Formendacil - Moderator - Killed by Werewolves, Night 1
Gil-Galad - Shrubber - Ordo - Lynched by Village, Day 1
Kath - Gongfarmer - Cobbler - Killed by Werewolves, Night 2
Garin - Horse Loaner - Werewolf - Killed by Vilager, Day 2
Eluchil - Mild-Mannered Innkeeper - Ordo - Killed "Accidentally" by Werewolf, Day 2
NIGHT 3 - NO DEATH
Old 01-13-2006, 04:44 PM   #31
Cailín
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Things are looking up! Well done, oh mighty and fabulous ranger and well done fellow villagers on catching wolf- Garin! Not only does our Seer now have a dead wolf to prod for info; we can also get a clearer view on the situation. Plus, our Gifteds are getting stronger and more knowledgeable by the day.

I realise I look none the better than I did yesterday. Frankly, I could care less. I wish to find the wolves before I die, so I’m not going to waste more energy to defend myself and totally screw up in other departments. So I shall just try to gather my thoughts on some of you.

As for Eluchíl… you’re dead. I’m dreadfully sorry, but you are. So stop babbling ;-)

--The case against:

Nilpaurion Felagund

While he was still looking pretty good yesterday, I definitely think Garin’s furriness has put Nilpaurion in a rather bad light. On Day 1 he voted traditionally for himself, which is not too weird. The only thing it proves is that Nilp was undoubtedly not a gifted – the only time I can recall he was anything other than an innocent villager or wolf, he abruptly changed his tactics. So there’s basically two options. Nilp is a wolf or Nilp is clueless.

Now let’s go back to the end of Day 1 when a rather interesting situation arises. Right after my vote, the scores are as follows:

Quote:
Menel - 1 (Amanduial)
Garin - 2 (Alcarillo, Kuru)
Nilp - 5 (Nilp, Lhuna, Gil, malkatoj, Naria)
Eluchil - 2 (Farael, Valier)
Gil-Galad - 4 (Rune, TGWBS, Menel, Cailín)
As we can see, it’s obviously between Nilpaurion and Gil-Galad, Gil’s bandwagon starting with a collective brainwave from Rune and TGWBS. However, Garin, our recently proven furry friend, has been holding out on his vote. In his own legendary words:

Quote:
Yes, I am a bit chatty and naturally defensive. I waited to vote to see if I needed to prevent my own lynching. It'll be nice to have the night off.
But he never even came close to being lynched! When Garin got his second vote, Nilp had already gathered five and Gil Galad no less than three. And only Gurthang said directly that his vote might be going to Garin. So was Garin really trying to save his own fangs, or was he watching out – loyally – for his criminally insane fellow wolf?

Next day, Nilpaurion decides to get serious. He might have been convinced by nightly pleas from his fellow wolves. He suspects TGWBS, me and Malkatoj, but none of them too much. His vote for me makes me uncomfortable at that point, but that would be just me.

Lhunardawen

Now Lhuna has already been under a fire and where does the strongest ‘Let’s kill the lhunatic’ voice come from other than our dearly departed wolf? However – even though Garin has voted for Lhuna right before his death, he was already convicted by then and it might have just been a clumsy attempt to make his fellow wolf look innocent in our naive eyes.

Her early votes for Nilpaurion and Eluchil are none-telling (alas, the poor gal is suffering from that dreadful sickness) and could be clever ways to hide a lupine secret. However, for now, I have an ‘innocent’ standing behind Lhuna’s name.

Do I believe Nilpaurion and Lhuna could both be guilty? Well, then they’d be playing an extremely risky game. However, nothing is impossible, especially where those two are involved.

The Guy Who Be Short

Why, his silence is simply unnerving.

--For now I believe the following people innocent till proven otherwise (which is about as good as you can get in this game):

Alcarillo

He was first to vote for Garin on Day 1 – with no reason at all. Were he wolf, he could have randomly voted for someone else without attracting much suspicion. I’d find it hard to believe that Wolf-Alcarillo would vote for his fellow wolf when considering that Garin was already prodded here and there and such a random vote easily turns into a bandwagon on Day 1.

Valier

Well, this seems pretty darn obvious. Garin sneakily cast suspicion on poor Valier, and Valier continued to vote for Garin at a most crucial time. This would be a pretty bold bluff to pull off, and I doubt anyone would dare.

Less certain, but equally unconcerned, am I of Azaelia, Gurthang and Rune.

--

Then there is Kuruharan. He pursued Garin from Day 1, which speaks largely in his favour. Then we can be fairly certain he is indeed innocent, were he not such a shrewd merchant who I could easily see sacrificing all his fellows for a personal victory.

Amanaduial, Meneltarmacil, Naria and Malkatoj are other people I shall be looking at closely today. Though I’m not so suspicious of Farael, I’d like to here more from him anyway, but I am too tired to do any further analysis for now.
Old 01-13-2006, 04:52 PM   #32
Gurthang
Sword of Spirit

Excellant job, Ranger. I'm glad that we didn't lose two innocents this last night. (Meaning Eluchil and the wolf's choice.) I can't help but wonder if it was me... .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me (#155)
Although, if Garin is a wolf, I'd look into Nilp actually being one also, which would make sense because of Garin saved Nilp with that last minute vote.
Does anyone else think this would be a good choice? Garin's vote now really seems like a 'save Nilp' push. I've always worried that Nilpaurion would be able to use his consistant 'lynch me' as a cover for when he really was a werewolf. I think this might be that time. He'll be high on my list when voting comes, but the Day is young.

I'll be looking at Lhunadawen. Her early vote for Nilp that first day was very suspicious, and now I'm wondering if it wasn't her voting for a fellow wolf (Nilp) who would get lynched and then make her look innocent. I'm more for lynching our suicidal comrade, but if he is of Garin's variety, then Lhuna might be next on my list. Also, I notice that Garin voted for Lhuna in his dying breath. It may just have been him attempting to save himself, but it almost looks like he's voting for another wolf to make her look less like one. OR it could just be me being paranoid about someone I think might be a wolf...

I'll be back later to look through the voting to see if that will tell me anything.
Old 01-13-2006, 05:01 PM   #33
Gurthang
Sword of Spirit

Cailín, interesting that you and I are both looking towards Lhuna and Nilp. I was beginning to look at you a little simple because everyone else thought you were suspicious. Your comment about caring more for the village than your own life is definitely something an innocent would say, so I'm very much inclined to believe you.
Old 01-13-2006, 05:06 PM   #34
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: The bottom of the ocean, discussing philosophy with a giant squid
Meneltarmacil is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Eye

Sorry about my not voting. I had to do some work and completely forgot about the deadline, heh heh.

Let me state for the record, though, that I would probably have voted for Lhuna.
Old 01-13-2006, 05:28 PM   #35
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Amanaduial the archer has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Amanaduial the archer
Silmaril

We've got off to an auspicious start and a triumph over the werewolves - lets make the most of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cailin
Now let’s go back to the end of Day 1 when a rather interesting situation arises. Right after my vote, the scores are as follows:

Menel - 1 (Amanduial)
Ah. Hmm, actually, didn't comment on this first time around because I think I somewhat misunderstood, but I didn't actually vote for Meneltarmacil, I didn't actually, I think, even suspect him - I voted for Kuruharan. I don't suppose it really matters now - it was a Day 1 vote, I have no suspicion against either of them now really - but, hey, just for the record

First the death of Garin, then an unsuccesful night of hunting after they were thwarted by the Hunter...well, well, looks like fate may not be entirely against us, 'cos it certainly ain't with the wolves. Hopefully we can take advantage of that today, and I must admit, after Nilp's post on the death of Eluchil and Garin, I am rather intrigued about who the 'wolf without a tail' - I can see the mystery around that one in particular building, although it would be a shame to have such a fine wolfpelt marred by missing a part...

A major question I'm tingling to ask is whether Kath knew of the identities of the werewolves - I mean, I'd presume she did, or her job as a Cobbler would be somewhat hard to carry out (what with the potential this would have to destroy those she was trying to help and all...). This could be important: see, Kath, in post 116, defended Lhuna when she was attacked. Now, I realise that I may be seen as having a go at 'poor ol' Lhoony', but, y'know, if Kath did know of the identities of the wolves, this could throw her innocence into some serious doubt. I mean, she is yet to post today, so we'll see what a new day brings, but its rather telling when the first confirmed bad guy so staunchly comes to your aid...

Cailin, I must agree with you on the point made about Valier - looking back, she actually has from the beginning made her suspicions about Garin clear, like Alcarillo and despite the chit chat she made with Garin. So unless making friendly small talk throws someone's innocence into question, I'm actually fairly sure about these two as well.

My agreement with you over this does lead me to wonder about your list of 'people to watch' however - partly, of course, because I come onto it. Why choose those who you have?

Problem comes, really, with a lack of posts from some people. Guy, Lhuna, Malkatoj...I don't know what to really think of any of them. I mean, I suspect Lhuna for other reasons, but the other two...hmm. I just don't know. For now, because they haven't made me consider anything to the contrary by their behaviour or any apparent alliegance to the dead 'baddies', I will let them rest actually and be satsfied - a little, anyway! - with their innocence. The suspicion which seemed to surround Meneltarmacil makes me question his innocence - but, like the others, I can't really gather enough from his posts to make him my main suspect.

Another suspect - yeah, you know what's coming - is Nilp. Yes, along with Lhuna, a bad day for that family from this corner, but hey, like they say, evil: keep it in the family. (They don't say that? Ah, sure they do...) I mean, partly, I feel inclined to vote for Nilp purely to serve him right for all that suicidicality earlier, but whether it is a hugely elaborate double bluff....Oh, I don't know! But he will be one of the main ones who I will be watching (for what that's worth with this tricky carnivore) today, although I shall not vote yet...
Old 01-13-2006, 06:40 PM   #36
malkatoj
Wight

malkatoj has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to malkatoj
Pipe

Well, clearly we have a good Ranger here. We've done well this night, aside from the loss of Eluchil--villagers, please post and vote, we really can't afford to lose people.

People I find at all suspicious:

TGWBS: I'm very suspicious of his almost complete lack of posting. Has anyone else noticed that he comes in every day with nothing to say except a bandwagon vote, no reasoning behind it? It's unnerving, and as of right now, he will probably get my vote.
Alcarillo: I don't like yesterday's vote, but he doesn't seem especially suspicious because of it, just kind of random and needing to get a vote in--I know that feeling, so I can't rightfully call him suspicious for it.
Lhunardawen: I still don't like her vote from yesterday--too little reasoning, and could easily be a wolf unable to see suspicion when she knows who people really are. She's near the top of my suspicions, for now.
Gurthang: Still slightly suspicious because of his tying Nilp and Gil-Galad on DAY one, but he had reasons behind it. Possible wolf, but not anything definite.
Nilpaurion Felagund: saved by Garin, of course, though that could have simply been Garin joining the predominant bandwagon at the time. He's suspicious, but I wouldn't go so far as to cry wolf.

I'm also willing to bet that at least one wolf voted for Garin as a cover. This list includes:

Farael
Rune
Azaelia
Valier
Kuruharan
Gurthang

The only overlap between the two lists is Gurthang, which makes him a teensy bit more suspicious, but as he's one of the least of my worries the first list, so I probably won't be voting for him as of yet, but it's always possible that I change my mind.
Old 01-13-2006, 07:08 PM   #37
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Boots

Quote:
Then there is Kuruharan. He pursued Garin from Day 1, which speaks largely in his favour. Then we can be fairly certain he is indeed innocent, were he not such a shrewd merchant who I could easily see sacrificing all his fellows for a personal victory.
Stop and think about that for a minute. How would you react if you were one of my cohorts in crime and I were acting like this? “Not well” would be my guess, and I’m pretty sure most anybody else would react the same way.

I’m exactly what I appear to be, just an innocent ordo trying to get by. I trust we need not waste further time on me.

Now, to a quick record of Garin’s (relevant) posting.

DAY ONE

Post 51 – Tells Nilp to stop looking at him with such suspicion-odd remark for a wolf to make considering Nilp had not posted yet.

Post 88 – Began sparring with Gurthang over the Seer plan

Post 91 – tells Nilp to stop being suicidal-and makes a curious bluffing reference

Post 93 – says Nilp is too crazy to be guilty

Post 104 – continues to spar with Gurthang

Post 109 – In agreement with Cailín, tells people not to vote for Nilp

Post 118 – started arguing with Farael, questions the motives of anybody who votes for Nilp

Post 140 – votes for Gil-Galad

DAY TWO

Post 147 - believes Nilp to be not-guilty by reason of insanity, continues bickering with Gurthang

Post 166 – Defends his saving of Nilp (which is not particularly suspicious under the circumstances), continues to spar with Gurthang

Post 174 – begins attacking Valier

Post 179 – “Would like to think Gurthang innocent” but continues to argue anyway

Post 190 – Will probably vote for Valier or Lhuna; just for a little variety, pokes at Farael rather than Gurthang

Post 193 – Still squabbling with Gurthang (is anybody else detecting a pattern here?)

Post 207 – Says he will not vote for Valier

Post 223 – Votes Lhunardawen

Gurthang

I’m finding this continual bickering with Gurthang to be curiously troubling. On the face of it, this should speak in Gurthang’s favor. However, the relentlessness of it seems rather imprudent behavior for a wolf toward a villager. Especially considering he never really got close to voting for Gurthang. I may just be turning into a suspicious old dwarf who is constantly looking for subtlety where none exists, but I don’t want us to forget about Gurthang.

Nilpaurion

Odd fellow. As I said above, he beggars rational reaction. He and Garin had quite the interesting relationship, no doubt. Garin defended Nilpaurion almost continually. That in and of itself is enough to bring on suspicion, particularly after Garin initially began by questioning Nilp.

Unfortunately, I have to admit I’m not entirely satisfied in the conclusion that Nilp is a wolf based on this evidence. For some reason this nagging doubt remains. However, it might be worthwhile to kill Nilp just to find out.

Amanaduial

I thought our cobbler was already dead. Yet, oddly enough, she seems to go about sowing confusion of one sort or another wherever she goes. This is not necessarily wolfish behavior, but we should keep our eye on her.

By the way…

Quote:
-Modendacil post 2
The cobbler doesn’t know who the wolves are.

Lhunardawen

I find this obsession that some people seem to have with lynching Lhuna to be a bit bizarre. The evidence has never seemed that convincing to me and the theory presented toDAY just seems…strange. I’m not at all saying that we should forget her. I am saying that we probably can stick her on the back burner for a bit until something a little more useful comes up.

At the moment I think that Alcarillo, Farael, and Valier are probably in the clear.

Alcarillo because he was the first to very hastily vote for Garin and a hasty vote for a fellow wolf would be both unnecessary at that point and weird.

Farael because he also entertained early suspicions of Garin.

Valier because she became something of Garin’s other punching bag (besides Gurthang) yesterDAY.

I’m not intending to waste any time suspecting them toDAY unless something really strange happens.