The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 12-14-2004, 02:24 PM   #1
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
1420! Tolkien Action figures you won't find in stores.

I don't mean your typical Tolkien figure of Aragorn, with his sword Elendil, and a sword chopping action. I'm talking about action figures that will never be come out, because they could be unsafe, or just plain out whacky.

Denethor-Box includes a 8 inch figure of Denethor, lighter fluid, and a box of matches.

Ancalagon- An Ancalagon figurine with fire-breathing action.

Glorfindel- A Glorfindel figurine with a throw Arwen off my horse action.

Have fun creating the cooky, strange, and dangerous toys that you don't want to give your kids .
Boromir88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2004, 02:42 PM   #2
Lalwendė
A Mere Boggart

Lalwendė is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Lalwendė is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I've got rather a lot of these figures, and some of them are funny in their own right. As an example is Galadriel, who does not look like Galadriel, and her 'feature' is that you can 'pose' her. Hours of fun, no?

I did want them to make a 'Bungee-jump Denethor', rather like one of those modern Action Man dolls, complete with elastic rope and 'living flame' effect.

An 'existential angst Sauron' would be good - his feature could be mind-reading and causing intense distress unless you kept it in a locked cupboard where it couldn't 'see' you.

Or a 'Breaking the Light Saruman'? Complete with guide to causing theological chaos. Could be quite educational, that one.
Old 12-14-2004, 03:42 PM   #3
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Live-action Arwen, complete with a sharp embroidery needle, including gold and silver threads - the ultimate heroine for girl book fans!
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Estelyn Telcontar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2004, 05:05 PM   #4
tar-ancalime
Shade of Carn Dūm

tar-ancalime has just left Hobbiton.
How about a talking plush Bombadil for babies? You squeeze it and it says "Ring a ding dillo!"
Old 12-14-2004, 06:38 PM   #5
Morgul Queen
Shade of Carn Dūm

Morgul Queen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Morgul Queen
White Tree

Tom Bombadil (TM) complete with gag. Will sing incessenctly upon removal of gag, as used by the CIA and FBI to induce confessions. Will magically disappear in presence of a 'Peter Jackson' (TM) doll.
Morgul Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2004, 07:36 PM   #6
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
1420!

I like all the ideas so far!

Frodo with Ring action. When Frodo puts on the Ring he disappears, problem is you have trouble finding him again .
Boromir88 is offline   Reply With Quote